• In total there are 49 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 48 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 880 on Fri Jun 28, 2024 11:45 am

New book is out

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
George Ricker

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
Junior

New book is out

Unread post

For those who are interested, my new book, mere atheism: no gods...no problem!, is now available for purchase at online booksellers and should soon be available for ordering at most brick-and-mortar bookstores.

Here a a few online sites where the book is listed: Amazon.com,http://www.amazon.com/mere-atheism-no-g ... 883&sr=1-1
Barnes & Noble.comhttp://search.barnesandnoble.com/bookse ... 5063&itm=1
iUniverse.comhttp://www.iuniverse.com/bookstore/book ... 95-47506-X

At the iUniverse site, you can also browse a selection of material from the book. Just scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the button marked "Browse the book."

Those who haven't purchased Godless in America and want to buy both books should be eligible for free shipping from both Barnes & Noble and Amazon.

Finally, I hope any of you who read the book and like it will consider posting reviews on Amazon and Barnes & Noble.

Thanks for your attention. We now return to our regular programming. 8)

George
George Ricker

"Nothing about atheism prevents me from thinking about any idea. It is the very epitome of freethought. Atheism imposes no dogma and seeks no power over others."

mere atheism: no gods
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Has Plan to Save Books During Fire

Unread post

I have searched for these books in my state library catalog (the whole thing) and no one seems to carry them! Bastards!

I will see about making a request for your book to be added George!

Mr. P.
When you refuse to learn, you become a disease.
George Ricker

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
Junior

Unread post

Mr. P.

Thanks for the thought. One way to help a book get distribution is to request it at libraries in your area. I would be interested to know if anyone finds either of my books in any public library. Of course, if no one is asking for them, they aren't likely to turn up. Since I'm an unknown and the publicity campaign has been non-existent, it's not surprising they don't carry them. Maybe we can change that. I'm hoping to do a bit more to promote the books now that the second one is out.

George
George Ricker

"Nothing about atheism prevents me from thinking about any idea. It is the very epitome of freethought. Atheism imposes no dogma and seeks no power over others."

George Ricker

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
Junior

Unread post

Just a heads up for any of you planning to purchase my new book mere atheism: no gods...no problem!

The book is being discounted at both Amazon.com and Barnes&Noble.com. If you are a member of B&N, you can save even more. There are links to both sites in the first post in this thread. You'll also find links on my web site on the "Buy 'mere atheism'" page.

George
George Ricker

George Ricker

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
Junior

Unread post

garicker wrote:Just a heads up for any of you planning to purchase my new book mere atheism: no gods...no problem!

The book is being discounted at both Amazon.com and Barnes&Noble.com. If you are a member of B&N, you can save even more. There are links to both sites in the first post in this thread. You'll also find links on my web site on the "Buy 'mere atheism'" page.
For those who are interested, the new book, mere atheism, is no longer being discounted at Amazon (I have no idea why) but continues to be discounted by Barnes & Noble on line. For links see the first entry in this thread or go to my web site.

George
George Ricker

Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

Congratulations on the new book! As soon as I learn how to edit the sidebars on BookTalk I'll put a link to either your book or your site. :)
Please consider supporting BookTalk.org by donating today!
lemme think
Master Debater

Unread post

George,

I will definitely be buying your new book! Glad to hear you have written another, I really enjoyed the first! It may take me awhile to delve in, this month is very busy, but I will get to it.

Cheers!
Karen
George Ricker

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
Junior

Unread post

lemme think wrote:George,

I will definitely be buying your new book! Glad to hear you have written another, I really enjoyed the first! It may take me awhile to delve in, this month is very busy, but I will get to it.

Cheers!
Karen
Thanks, Karen.

Sorry I didn't respond to this sooner, but I missed the comment. I've been off doing other things.

Obviously, I'm delighted you'll be buying the new book. And asking for it at your local library is always helpful.

Thanks again. Your friendly neighborhood atheist author. 8)

George
George Ricker

Return to “Everything Else”