• In total there are 48 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 48 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 880 on Fri Jun 28, 2024 11:45 am

Meet and greet chat night

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Has Plan to Save Books During Fire

Unread post

JulianTheApostate wrote:Maybe I'll participate for once. Normally, I work late, and I'm in California, but I'm taking the week off.
I just @#$%^ realized that I have to work Thursday night. I totally did not think about that all this time. Guess I will not be able to come. Bummer!

Mr. P.
When you refuse to learn, you become a disease.
camsquirrel
Getting Comfortable

Meet and greet on Thursday.

Unread post

Well, 8pm eastern is 1am here in Britain, and I have to work the following morning. I work from home, so I might be able to make it, but probably not. What's really needed is a chat at the weekend, in the early afternoon eastern. Actually, to let the entire planet be able to take part it should be late morning, no later than noon, eastern; which would make it a relatively comfortable time everywhere from California to New Zealand. I mean, I know Californians hate getting up before lunchtime, but hell, they've voted twice for Arnold Schitzenwanker so they (a) should be getting used to suffering and (b) deserve it.

What the fuck IS it with Californians and substandard actors?? Did the first time not teach you your lesson?
George Ricker

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
Junior

Unread post

Chris OConnor wrote:We can stay and chat al night long if people are in the mood. No rules need to be set. Our past casual chat sessions usually started at 9:00 pm and lasted for several hours. People came and went over the course of the chat, but most were there for the entire time period. It used to be the highlight of BookTalk, in my opinion. If we could get back to doing a casual chat every Thursday evening I'd be really happy.
I agree. The chats I've participated in have been enjoyable. Hopefully, with all the interest Rose has generated in this, we can get them cranked up again.

In lieu of the comments from members across the pond, I think we do need to consider trying a session on a weekend date during the day. Maybe in January we should try to set a date and see how it flies. Right now I want to focus on the one tomorrow night at 8 p.m., but I don't see any reason why we shouldn't be able to have multiple chats each month and schedule them at alternate times. Maybe Thursday nights on the first and third week of the month and Saturdays at noon in the second and fourth week---or something along those lines.

George
George Ricker

"Nothing about atheism prevents me from thinking about any idea. It is the very epitome of freethought. Atheism imposes no dogma and seeks no power over others."

mere atheism: no gods
George Ricker

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
Junior

Unread post

misterpessimistic wrote: I just @#$%^ realized that I have to work Thursday night. I totally did not think about that all this time. Guess I will not be able to come. Bummer!

Mr. P.
Sorry to hear that. Oh well, maybe next time.

George
George Ricker

"Nothing about atheism prevents me from thinking about any idea. It is the very epitome of freethought. Atheism imposes no dogma and seeks no power over others."

Dissident Heart

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
I dumpster dive for books!

Unread post

I will try to be there. Evening time is when the baby gets into full swing and, well, that means I'm entertaining her majesty.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

Did anyone get the email I sent out to the entire community? It was about the Thursday night chat session. Please reply here if you didn't get it. I'd like to know if there is a problem with the mass email feature.
Please consider supporting BookTalk.org by donating today!
jales4
Intern

Unread post

Hi Chris,

I didn't get it.

Jan.
George Ricker

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
Junior

Unread post

Chris OConnor wrote:Did anyone get the email I sent out to the entire community? It was about the Thursday night chat session. Please reply here if you didn't get it. I'd like to know if there is a problem with the mass email feature.
Chris, I didn't get it, and I do regularly get notification emails from topics I'm monitoring or involved with. I don't know whether the two are connected at all, just thought I would mention it.

George
George Ricker

camsquirrel
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Chris OConnor wrote:Did anyone get the email I sent out to the entire community? It was about the Thursday night chat session. Please reply here if you didn't get it. I'd like to know if there is a problem with the mass email feature.
I DID get it, Chris.
George Ricker

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
Junior

Unread post

Don't forget tonight's chat.

Dec. 27th at 8 p.m. EST.
(which corresponds, I assume, to Dec. 28th at 1 a.m. GMT (Greenwich Mean Time)

Hope to see lots of you popping in, as you are able.

George
George Ricker

Return to “Everything Else”