• In total there are 17 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 17 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

Ancient paper mills

Engage in discussions encompassing themes like cosmology, human evolution, genetic engineering, earth science, climate change, artificial intelligence, psychology, and beyond in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
gulfstream

Ancient paper mills

Unread post

hello!
i am just trying to collect historical facts and information about my native land specifically about historical paper making. i have heard about The ancient paper-mills of the former Austro-Hungarian Empire and their watermarks book by Georg Eineder which is unfortunately unavailable in the czech republic. does anybody know/have this book and could tell me whether it contains information about paper making in eastern bohemia at the beginning of the 19th century?
thanks to all
jales4
Intern

!

Unread post

Hi Gulfstream,

Welcome!

This is a topic that I know nothing about. I did do a search to see if I could inter-library loan the book and then flip through it for you, but I cannot find any titles by Georg Eineder.

However, this book is available:

Author: Tschudin, W. F.
Title: The ancient paper-mills of Basle and their marks
Publisher: Paper Publications Soc.,
Date: 1958.
Description: 266 p. : ill.
Notes: No.114 of a limited edition of 600 copies.
Subject: Papermaking --Switzerland --Basle.
Subject: Paper industry --Switzerland --Basle.

I don't know where Basle is - but if you think that this book might contain some info you are interested in, I will request it and scan pages that sound relevant to your research.

I did a bit of research and found a website you may be interested in:

http://www.rpvl.cz/en/paper-mill/history/

Jan

Return to “Science & Technology”