• In total there are 64 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 64 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

me - Samson

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Samson
Getting Comfortable

me - Samson

Unread post

I'll just make a brief introduction for now and not give you my real name.

I'm a 25 year old Swedish man becoming lawyer within half a year. I love to read and have ever since I first learned it. I also consider myself to be practically fluent in English and enjoy reading novels in English. A translation is always an interpretation so I would read any novel in its original language if that was possible.

Personalitywise I consider myself outgoing and friendly, although I have a more "anti-social" side too. You can get tired of people sometimes. I am also intellectual and analytic by nature, and love word plays and puns and such things.

I have a broad interest in literature and read anything; encyclopedias, history books, philosphy and novels. I am also interested in politics and societal issues and try to keep myself up to date on those things.

My favorite authors and books include Haruki Murakami, Dostoyevsky and Joseph Conrad among others. Quite disparate as you see.

I will have to come back with some more authors and books, I'm too tired to think of it right now
;-)
Samson
Getting Comfortable

postscriptum

Unread post

I am currently reading Nostromo by Conrad which is a book on the very edge of my English language skills, but a very promising book so far. I am eager to discuss it.
Audrey
Finally Comfortable

Re: me - Samson

Unread post

Samson,

Welcome to the forum! I can't wait to hear your input :]

You can get tired of people sometimes.
You're so right. This is the reason we have books right? :D
Ophelia

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
Oddly Attracted to Books

Unread post

Hello again Samson,

Sweden...You're our 5th European member. :clap:

I'm really curious: how did you hear about Booktalk?

I'm sure there's an enormous potential in Europe for people who would want to join a community like ours, and not only from people whose mother tongue is English, but I often wonder how they could be reached-- fortunately, advertising is Chris's department.

I think the only time when I had the opportunity to speak to someone from Sweden was with a man in a train in the UK many years ago.
I asked him which areas of Sweden he would recommend for hiking, so he drew a map of the country on a sheet of paper and started pointing to interesting places, but in the end he told me there was beautiful ground for hiking everywhere, and of course I was impressed.
Ophelia.
Samson
Getting Comfortable

How I heard about Booktalk.org

Unread post

I was looking for a place to discuss literature, an "outlet", and the first that popped up on my google search was this community ;-)
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

Hello Samson! Welcome to BookTalk. :)
annaisabella
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Samson, have you read Dance, Dance, Dance by Murakami? I would like to know your opinion on this particular Japanese writer, because it would be interesting to learn the european perspective on asean writings (eventhough i think he's already much influenced by the contemporary western style of writing)

Return to “Everything Else”