• In total there are 43 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 42 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

Is anyone an Elizabeth Peters fan?

Authors are invited and encouraged to present their FICTION books solely within this forum.
tarav

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Genuinely Genius

Is anyone an Elizabeth Peters fan?

Unread post

Is anyone an Elizabeth Peters fan? About ten years ago a co-worker suggested I pick up a book by Elizabeth Peters. Since then, I think I've read every book she has released. There is a series of Amelia Peabody books she writes that I love. They are light and fluffy mysteries but totally engrossing. I especially like them because they are set in Egypt and the main characters are archaeologists. If you have read any of them, let me know! If you haven't, but might be interested in reading them, let me know that and I'll suggest which book to start with or give you more information!
Ophelia

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
Oddly Attracted to Books

Unread post

I love Elizabeth Peters and have read about 8 books in the Amelia Peabody series.
I loved the archeology in Egypt, the feeling for the time, and all those funny relatives of Amelia's.

I stopped reading a few years ago because things were becoming repetitive, as is often the case with series-- I must say the continuous giggles and hints about Amelia's romps in bed with her husband after ten books and twenty years of marriage got a bit tedious-- but I would whole-heartedly recommend the earlier books.

I'm actually a mystery buff-- so far I've been showing mostly my serious side on these forums because nobody seemed interested in crime fiction.

I find it difficult to find crime fiction I like because I dislike the hard-boiled stuff like Dennis Lehane and I don't care for the "cozy" silly stuff either.

So, if you have recommendations I'll be delighted.
Ophelia.
tarav

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Genuinely Genius

Unread post

Ophelia, that is cool that you have read Elizabeth Peters! Somehow, I just don't get sick of the stuff you mentioned. I guess for me it is just a comfortable feeling, like meeting up with an old friend. I have to admit though that my taste in fiction is not really that discriminating. I will read almost any book someone gives me or recommends. I just read fiction for entertainment value. Now, with nonfiction, it is a different story.

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book!”