• In total there are 53 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 53 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

Juxtaform - :em Hello all /wave Naddia

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Juxtaform

Juxtaform - :em Hello all /wave Naddia

Unread post

Since I'll be lurking for a while w/ the occasional post, here's a little about me... raised super-religious, (though when very young I remember the twilight of the free-love days vicariously through my parents) Fell away from the church, still strongly believing in something I was naturally attracted to Gustav Jung and Joseph Cambbell, (who had a large influence on Tool, really the only band that keeps me captivated). Currently I enjoy Sagan alot, who seems highly respected by the posters here, all of whom I hope to both learn from and exercise my reason and imagination with. See you all soon. Edited by: Chris OConnor  at: 3/17/03 2:46:54 am
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: :em Hello all /wave Naddia

Unread post

JuxtaformWeclome to the BookTalk community! I hope you find it interesting enough here to join in on the conversations. Even if you don't get around to reading each book selection it would be great to meet you in the chat room for our Thursday night chats.Chris
NaddiaAoC

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Wearing Out Library Card

Re: :em Hello all /wave Naddia

Unread post

Hey Dethe! Wow! I'm glad you made it to the board. I'm looking forward to reading your comments in the discussions. It looks like the poll for the March/April book is still open. If you're planning to read it I hope you get your vote in. I'm definitely a fan of Sagan. Pale Blue Dot is one of the best books I've ever read. Perhaps that is partly because of where my thinking was when I read it. I still had such a limited and biased worldview. It was the first "real" (non-JW) book I had ever read and it presented such a different perspective of our world and life. I felt such a sense of awe and wonder after reading that book and it really triggered a desire to read, learn about and explore science. I really enjoyed Demon Haunted World too. It helped destroy some of those lingering irrational feelings of the supernatural. I'm looking forward to starting a new book next month, whichever one we decide on. And I'm looking forward to some good discussions as well. I'm really glad you're here. Cheryl
Johnny Neuron
Finally Comfortable

Welcome...

Unread post

Welcome Juxtaform. What was this "super-religious" background you speak of? (Feel free not to answer that if you don't want to) I'm all to familiar with the clutches of fundamentalist non-think due to my background with Jehovah's Witnesses. I look forward to your input.Bradley
Juxtaform

Re: Welcome...

Unread post

All apologies for not responding sooner,, had typed a response, hit update, server error screen, hit back button, all typed info was gone. Grr. Anyhow, simply put, I was pretty much raised and kept in private schools all my life, covering my catholic, baptist, and pentecostal influenced education. Backing that was church sunday mornings and night, wednesday nights, and devotional/bible study tues and thursday nights. If I hadn't eventually believed the stuff I would have gone crazy, which, from a catch-22 point of view, put me in a pretty screwed up situation.

Return to “Everything Else”