• In total there are 53 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 53 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

Hi. Name is Curtis and I was sent here by coondawg

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
FeloniousPunk

Hi. Name is Curtis and I was sent here by coondawg

Unread post

He's my brother, and together we are going to conquer the world fueled by microbrews and our trusty brainpower. LOL.He and I have had some interesting discussions about existentialists (assuming you want to categorize these schools of thought) such as Sartre, Camu, Nietzsche, and Kafka.I live in Oregon--he lives in Tennessee. We both hail from Missouri and Kansas...so that makes our backgrounds similar but our recent history rather divergent. Let's talk books. Edited by: Chris OConnor  at: 3/17/03 2:48:48 am
Jeremy1952
Kindle Fanatic

Re: Hi. Name is Curtis and I was sent here by coondawg

Unread post

You Felonius Punk you!(Do you play the piano?)
TNcoondawg

Hey, Bro!

Unread post

Glad you made it over. I sent the invite to dad and spring too. I forgot to send it to allen, but will definitely do that.I'm looking forward to more discussion with you on some of this stuff. And, rest assured, many of my posts will be fueled by a brew of some sort!Ern
NaddiaAoC

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Wearing Out Library Card

Re: Hey, Bro!

Unread post

Haha! Hey Punk, it's great to have you! We accept everyone here except ex JW's. I hope you're not one of those! Cheryl
TNcoondawg

Re: Hey, Bro!

Unread post

Cheryl...we wouldn't know ANYONE like that, let alone BE someone like that!Don't reveal too much about me to him, Cheryl....he's my older brother and he spent the first 15 years of my life kicking my ass on a daily basis! LOLReally, though...I still consider us fairly close, even despite the miles between us. He has NEVER shunned me, so there is alot to be said for that.Ern
Johnny Neuron
Finally Comfortable

Unread post

Welcome Curtis. I'm sort of an existentialist myself. Nietzsche is great. Ern: does one of those bottles read "Evolution Root Beer"? The one with the red label all the way to the right....hahaha.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

CurtisGood to have you join us. It sounds like you and Ern are perfect for BookTalk, so I'm looking forward to your participation here.Ern said...Quote:Really, though...I still consider us fairly close, even despite the miles between us. He has NEVER shunned me, so there is alot to be said for that.This isn't necessarily the right place for comments about the practice of shunning, but I will say that you've earned my respect. After watching what has happened to Cheryl I am in total shock on this JW practice. I can't fathom family and friends turning their backs on each other for something like this.Chris

Return to “Everything Else”