• In total there are 9 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 9 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

The Lodger, Shakespeare:His Life On Silver Street

Authors are invited and encouraged to showcase their NON-FICTION books exclusively within this forum.
Randy Kadish
Cunning Linguist

The Lodger, Shakespeare:His Life On Silver Street

Unread post

This book offers a fascinating look into everyday life in Shakespeare's London, specifically the few years Shakespeare lived as a lodger on Silver Street. The book is very well researched, and while Mr. Nicholl sometimes speculates on how events in Shakespeare's life may have affected his work, Mr. Nicholl is always cautious about doing so. Because any information about Shakespeare's life is so precious, I highly recommend this book, even though it is more about the people who surrounded Shakespeare than about Shakespeare himself. Finally, I always find it interesting how the sleazy side of life went hand in hand with perhaps the greatest literary renaissance of all time. It certainly adds to my belief that great literature is not reserved for the few, but for the many.
Ophelia

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
Oddly Attracted to Books

Unread post

Thanks Randy, this looks good, and the reviews are very positive.

http://www.amazon.com/Lodger-Shakespear ... 0670018503
Ophelia.

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!”