• In total there are 122 users online :: 2 registered, 0 hidden and 120 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

arcangle...

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
arcAngle

arcangle...

Unread post

...Otherwise known as Lynne Wood.Hi!After poking around a bit and trying to put myself on the map, I thought it best to go ahead and say hello. I'm a returning student, and it seems much harder the second time around, majoring in MIS. Management of Information Systems - the Lite Math programming major. In the hobby area I mostly do rocks, plate tectonics specifically, but I have a deep interest in biological evolution as well. Favorite authors are Dawkins, Feynman, Mayr, and Sagan. I also read science fiction and fantasy.Lynne
NaddiaAoC

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Wearing Out Library Card

Re: arcangle...

Unread post

Lynne,Welcome to BookTalk. I'm sorry it took a few days to respond. It's great to have you. Dawkins and Sagan are two of my favorite authors as well. What are some books you would like to read in the future?Cheryl
ZachSylvanus
Agrees that Reading is Fundamental

Unread post

Howdy!Good to see another one join the crew, and it sounds like you'll fit in just fine :)If you like SciFi, I suggest reading The Diamond Age by Neil Stephenson.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

LynneWelcome to BookTalk! I hope you're planning to stick around. We're about ready to vote for our next book so get involved. I hope to see you in our Thursday night chats.Chris
arcAngle

Unread post

Thank you for the warm welcome. I'm sorry I have dropped the ball on responses. It seems like every professor I have is trying to squeeze in one more test before finals and I have been nose in book for over a week now. Plus I have a discussion board with several friends and we moved from ezboard to a commercial host on the 1st.Too much to do, and not enough time to do it. Story of my life. But I promise to be better about participating. I've been looking for a discussion group like this almost my entire life and I am determined to have fun now that I've found you. About chat...How long are y'all normally in there? It's just that Thursday night is family night for us, so I couldn't show up 'til fairly late.Lynne
Jeremy1952
Kindle Fanatic

Unread post

I usually hang around for about an hour, until 9 central/10 eastern. Sometimes get started a little late, winds down by 10:30.
arcAngle

Unread post

I made it for a little while, but I was very late in showing up. Great bunch of people. Even if they DID make me stand in the corner... Lynne
arcAngle

Unread post

This morning has been absolutely marvelous. Normally, Saturday mornings are quite hectic for me. We have our house on the market and Saturdays consist of me trying to clean in the mornings and trying to maintain that cleaning throughout the day, as Saturdays are usually a busy day for showing the house. It's easier during the week because no one is here. Plus my children just HAVE to run here, there, and yonder. Because it's the weekend doncha know.But!My son is absent due to a school related field trip, and my daughter is absent due to spending the night with a friend.I actually drank an entire cup of coffee without hearing the word - MOM!! - echoing through the house.Sweet.Now THAT's a nice Mother's Day present.Lynne
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

LynneAre you selling your house on your own or through a Realtor?Chris
arcAngle

Unread post

Oh, we have a realtor. Don't even want to think about doing this without one. :shudder:Lynne

Return to “Everything Else”