• In total there are 37 users online :: 2 registered, 0 hidden and 35 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

Honk if you love Jesus

Engage in conversations about worldwide religions, cults, philosophy, atheism, freethought, critical thinking, and skepticism in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
DWill

1H - GOLD CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame

Honk if you love Jesus

Unread post

Did anyone see the Ass. Press story about the state of Fla. thinking of producing license plates with a Christian cross superimposed on a stained-glass window, with the words "I believe" on the bottom?

Chris, this is your state, I think. My question for those who are promoting this idea in the legislature is why, for their OWN sake, they would think this is a good idea. They have to be aware that if the Christian plate gets produced, the state would not be able to deny requests for Muslim, Jewish, Buddhist, etc. themed plates. Would they like to see those plates on the road? Of course not. This is where wearing your religion on your sleeve gets out of hand, anyway. And there are already a thousand bumper sticker designs out there if people really need to show off what they worship or tell us to watch for accidents in case of the rapture.
DWill
dbooks
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

I looked for more info about your story and couldn't find anything (yet) but what I found is that apparently, several states have been producing "choose life" license plates against abortion for years, raising money for pro-life groups. Florida is one of the states involved. This might be no news for most of you, but from Europe, I hadn't heard about it. So, in comparison (but only in comparison) an "I believe" plate doesn't really surprise me... On the shocking scale, it is one step below the "choose life" plate.

I think wearing your religion on your sleeve gets out of hand as soon as there is, under the display of one's faith, the implication "I am right in what I believe and I'll flaunt it in your face, because you're so misled". That's when it starts bothering me...
President Camacho

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
I Should Be Bronzed

Unread post

I think wearing your religion on your sleeve gets out of hand as soon as there is, under the display of one's faith, the implication "I am right in what I believe and I'll flaunt it in your face, because you're so misled". That's when it starts bothering me...
Agreed.

I have a real problem with government getting involved with religion and divisive beliefs/issues, as I'm sure everyone is well aware of. :laugh:

Return to “Religion & Philosophy”