• In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

Do you read when sitting on the toilet?

Engage in discussions about your favorite movies, TV series, music, sports, comedy, cultural events, and diverse entertainment topics in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.

Do you read when sitting on the toilet?

Yes

70%
No

30%
No, but I have been known to yoddle.

No votes

Total votes: 20
wtownandrews
Getting Comfortable

Henry Miller was against it

Unread post

Miller wrote among the first serious essays on the subject. It was titled "Reading in the Toilet" (what a surprise) and after stating his opposition he goes on to suggest and recommend works and subject matter appropriate, and inappropriate, to the setting. And though I am dubious about the copyright fairness of Google Books, I'll mention that if you google that title in quotes and follow it with Henry Miller in your query string, it looks like you can read the whole essay online!
Daisy
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

No, not just a boy thing. :D
~Daisy
Celinio
Creative Writing Student

Unread post

My late answer : no. :smile:
Iluvbookz13
Internet Sage

Unread post

Well, eh...erm...uh....

yes *cough!!!* oh what is tha smell!?
"The man who does not read books has no advantage over the man who cannot read books." - Mark Twain

"When the rich wage war, it's the poor who die." - Hands Held High, Made Famous by Linkin Park
GreyIxia
Freshman

Unread post

Haha, only when the book is so interesting that I can't endure parting with it :). I've been known to read while walking up and down steps during school, between classes, while listening to music, while talking, during the noisiest times, the list goes on... I take my reading seriously and I'm proud :)
SouthernBellaKV
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Absolutely! Have to pass the time somehow. I generally stick to Readers Digest or a book I've already read. I realized some time ago that if I try to read a book that I'm very focused on, I struggle a bit more to take care of business.

Return to “Arts & Entertainment”