• In total there are 8 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 8 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

searching ideas for my book

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
ayemea
Creative Writing Student

Unread post

Hi,

my name is Sandra and I'm currently trying to write a new story, but I just can't think about any good ideas. So if you have some good ideas, could you please tell me (only if you don't intend to use them on your own). It doesn't really matter if they're just details like good names, a funny scene etc.
I would like to write a fantasy story and appreciate any help of yours.
My books
Almost Comfortable

Unread post

I took a fantasy literature class in college that gave us some formulae for fantasy writing...

1) A hero with a secret power, a special birth mark or long lost royal heritage
2) An object with power that the hero was meant to weild
3) A villian who is seeking to destroy the hero
4) A quest or journey
5) Takes place on another world that has magical or unexplainable phenomena

If you think about it, lots and lots and lots of fantasy literature follows these exact plot lines.

I wonder, though, if it might be fun to take those and go in the opposite direction.
ayemea
Creative Writing Student

Unread post

My books wrote: I wonder, though, if it might be fun to take those and go in the opposite direction.
I think that's a pretty good idea since I don't want to follow the other authors but create something myself. It would probably get boring to read many different books that follow the same plot lines. I think it would be hard to go to the direct opposite of these plot lines since most books probably contain at least one of them.
My ideas for my story until now are that it would take place on another world with faries etc. There should be at least two main characters, a boy and a girl, but they should be siblings or just good friends because I somehow don't really likt to write love stories. Of course there should be a villain too. It woul be boring otherwise. Also, I think there will be some dragons, but not the big ones. They should be little.
Well, I dindn't think about much more.
jaywalker
Experienced

Unread post

A 'Near death experience' leading to a change in the life of---

Return to “Everything Else”