• In total there are 69 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 69 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1000 on Sun Jun 30, 2024 12:23 am

Customer Service

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Laser Harbor
Permanent Ink Finger

Customer Service

Unread post

I'd like to know what peoples stance is on the commonly heard;

"The customer is always right"

Do you agree? Disagree? Why?
Thrillwriter

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
All Star Member

Unread post

Customer Service has definitely gone by the wayside in many instances. However, there are times when a customer is just down right rude.
When I worked retail, a customer came in wanting to return a pair of panties. Well ... it was clear they had been worn and washed. ;-)
The company policy, clearly stated on a sign at the register and printed on the receipt, no refunds or exchanges of under garments.
I tried to be very nice to the lady as she continued to rant and rave, screaming at me and calling me names; waving the panties in the air. Finally, she gave up and threw the panties in my face. :shock: She promptly, turned and walked out. It was difficult not to tell her to get bent! In that case, the customer was wrong.
I still believe in good customer service.
"A good friend can tell you what is the matter with you in a minute. He may not seem such a good friend after telling." - Arthur Brisbane
Interbane

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

Of course the customer isn't always right. It's a personnel management tool that employers make their employees use to increase customer satisfaction. It used to be that if you were familiar with the phrase, you were most definitely in the customer service industry(such as front desk staff). Now the phrase is known everywhere, it's almost the battle cry of new age entitlement philosophy shoppers. They can go to hell.
Thrillwriter

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
All Star Member

Unread post

Interbane,
You really shouldn't hold back. Let us know how you really feel about it.
:D
Di
"A good friend can tell you what is the matter with you in a minute. He may not seem such a good friend after telling." - Arthur Brisbane
Interbane

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
United States of America

Unread post

:explode:
Thrillwriter

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
All Star Member

Unread post

:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

That's more like it. :laugh:
Laser Harbor
Permanent Ink Finger

Unread post

Easy Joe you'll burst a blood vessel.

Well then let me ask this. If an employee had to abide by this, how do you think it would affect said employee?

Take Thrillwriters' panty encounter for example. What if she was reemed by her employeer for not excepting the panties and giving a refund which coincidentally lost the company future revenue from the unhappy sissy la la. (by sissy la la I mean customer)

Then rewind it, flip it, and reverse it. Later down the road a similiar dilema occurs with the return of used/washed unmentionables and Thrillwriter (recalling the last scenario) decides to side with the costumer and let them exchange the underwear or refund their money in hopes of avoiding the last series of events but again is reemed by the boss for not following company policy.

How do you react? What would your stance on customer service be after that?
Interbane

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
United States of America

Unread post

I wouldn't accept the underwear, and if the customer pressed me I'd smell them then pretend to gag and throw them back. If my boss reamed me, I'd ream him back. :evil:

Well, that's what I'd like to do, but the reality would be a bit more mellow.
Laser Harbor
Permanent Ink Finger

Unread post

So let me get this straight; realistically you like to sniff underwear?
Interbane

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
United States of America

Unread post

Sure, I'm a sniffing reamer!

Return to “Everything Else”