• In total there are 55 users online :: 2 registered, 0 hidden and 53 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1000 on Sun Jun 30, 2024 12:23 am

Hi :) New from WA

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
juligurl
Getting Comfortable

Hi :) New from WA

Unread post

Hello,

I'm Julie and I live in Washington State. I'm a mom of four and am currently home-schooling three of my kids. I recently stopped working, and I'm at home full-time now so I have plenty of time to read again. Okay, not plenty of time, but more time. :up:

Growing up, our town had an old Carnegie library that still, 20 years later, holds a special place in my heart. Perhaps because I cultivated a love to read there or because it sheltered me when I needed to be renewed. It was my church. I spent numerous hours down in that cramped basement immersing myself in other people's lives, dreams, and ideas. The library isn't there anymore, but my love of reading remains. I read fiction and non-fiction, anything that catches my attention.

This looks like a wonderful site, and I'm looking forward to interesting conversations, new insight into old favorites, and a few leads to new books to fall in love with.
MaryLupin

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
Junior

Unread post

Glad you found us.

I moved to BC from WA. I was in a little town near Spokane. You from the west or east part?
I've always found it rather exciting to remember that there is a difference between what we experience and what we think it means.
juligurl
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Hi Mary,

Thanks for the welcome.
I grew up in a small town north of Spokane then moved to the west coast about 10 years ago. I now live about an hour out of Seattle.
MaryLupin

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
Junior

Unread post

I am from Wellpinit. Know it? I have a friend who lives in Olympia.
I've always found it rather exciting to remember that there is a difference between what we experience and what we think it means.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

Welcome to the community. :smile:
Suzanne

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Book General

Welcome

Unread post

Hello Julie and Welcome:

Wow, home schooling three children. I give you a lot of credit. What are the ages of your children?

I have a friend that home schools only one, he is now 16 and is taking college courses.

Suzanne
juligurl
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Mary,
Yes, I know where Wellpinit is, its about 40 miles or so from Chewelah the town where I grew up.

Hi Chris, thanks for the welcome.

Hi Suzanne,
I actually have four children, but one of them is in college now. The three I'm homeschooling are 17, 12, and 10. We have a very good school near us that partnerships with homeschoolers and offers classes, so that takes some of the work off me, or believe me, I could never homeschool all three!

Return to “Everything Else”