• In total there are 16 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 15 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1000 on Sun Jun 30, 2024 12:23 am

Greatest single circumstance that changed human life?

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
juligurl
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

I think agriculture would definitely be one of the top answers. It allowed us to settle in one area and freed us from the nomadic/hunting way of life, which in turn allowed us to turn our minds to creating and inventing on a much bigger scale. It allowed for a higher population and all the contributions that those people made to society that otherwise would not have been. Being able to live in one area also allowed people to collect wealth which eventually led to the need for other institutions. Agriculture was one of the main building blocks of the society that we know today.
DWill

1H - GOLD CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame

Unread post

Frank 013 wrote:What is the greatest single circumstance that changed the course of human life?

I have the answer... Cheetos!

they go good with beer!

Later
This could get ugly, but for me Cheetos are not the thing to go with beer. It's gotta be junk food with more crunch!
Frank 013
Worthy of Worship

Unread post

It's all a matter of taste. :D
That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Return to “Everything Else”