• In total there are 54 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 54 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

I need a book suggestion

Authors are invited and encouraged to present their FICTION books solely within this forum.
seespotrun2008

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Graduate Student

Unread post

If you like fiction I would read Wicked by Gregory Macguire. It is amazing. He plays with our images of feminity and evil. I have not read his other books yet but I loved that book. It is kind of on my mind because I saw the musical last night. Pretty good but definitely does not do the book justice. :)
uod_sa_libro
Experienced

Unread post

Yes, what is the genre you want? :?:

Hmm, maybe you could try Cirque du Freak by Darren Shan. I've finished all 12 books. It's an amazing read. It's gonna be turned into a movie and it's gonna be released next year 2010! Here's the link if you're interested about the book:

http://www.amazon.com/Cirque-du-Freak-L ... 0316605107

You could try the Chesapeake Bay series by Nora Roberts. Or Instruments of Night by Thomas Cook. Or books by Ray Bradbury. :smile:

It really depends what you feel like reading. :D
Suzanne

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Book General

book sugestions

Unread post

Hello ABookADay:

What was the last book you enjoyed? Maybe if you told us the last movie you enjoyed we could get some more insight into what you like.

If you are looking for something that grabs your attention, and maintains your attention, "Empire Falls", Richard Russo may interest you. Another one that is also full of interesting characters and a little history is "Middle Sex", Jeffrey Eugenides. "On Chesil Beach", Ian Mckwan is a nice sad love story. I like to submerge myself in novels, these did that for me, but your taste may be different.

Also, if you look into the book suggestion forum, you will get discriptions and links to books from different genres.
chadwrite
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Slow books are a bore. I can usually spot the duds by reading the first few sentences. If the author doesn't know how to hook me, I don't go any farther. My two Rock Fiction novels, Smoking Jimi and Stealing Margo were written with readers like me in mind! chadwrite.com to see.
blitzen1
Official Newbie!

Unread post

chadwrite wrote:Slow books are a bore. I can usually spot the duds by reading the first few sentences. If the author doesn't know how to hook me, I don't go any farther. My two Rock Fiction novels, Smoking Jimi and Stealing Margo were written with readers like me in mind! chadwrite.com to see.
The Meaning of Night was fantastic. I suggest you go beyond a few sentences in books as sometimes they deceive you.
Blitzen1
nbrack88
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

I am currently reading "Lucky That Way: Stories of Seizing the Moment While Creating the Games Millions Play" by Brad Fregger. Brad worked for Activision, Eclipse Entertainment, as well as other computer entertainment companies directing production operations of many of the "old school" titles we now vaguely recall. One that might stick out however is the game solitaire, Brad is the man who created Solitaire Royal, the game that would later be taken by Microsoft and made into a suite of computer games. Brad tells stories of his dealings in the industry and inspires all who read to truly seize the moments in life and reap the rewards. A truly interesting read from a man who has had experiences many will never see in their lifetime.

http://www.groundbreaking.com/Brad_Fregger/lucky.htm
hmchappy
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

What genre book are you looking for?

Humorous fiction? I recently finished "$everance," a very funny look at the state of the media today, and "Mean Martin Manning," about a hermit who just wants to be left alone.

I'd second "Ender's Game" for science fiction; it's one of my favorite novels. Or what about "His Majesty's Dragon," which is the first book in the Temeraire series.
Fait
Official Newbie!

Apocadia--Mission of the Keys and Crown

Unread post

If you like fantasy adventure books, you will love Apocadia--Mission of the Keys and Crown....written by Kim Cruae. Great characters and visually stunning details. I am hooked. Think it's got HIT potential!

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book!”