• In total there are 62 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 61 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

Vampire Novel..

Authors are invited and encouraged to present their FICTION books solely within this forum.
hmcalendin
Official Newbie!

Vampire Novel..

Unread post

I am very pleased to announce that my Vampire novel....Killer Queen will soon be published by Eternal Press!

I will :D let everyone know the details once I get them!

http://mcalendin.com
imthemary
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Congratulations! That must be exciting
hmcalendin
Official Newbie!

Unread post

Yes it is...thanks so much!

I am in the editing process now. I can't wait to see the finished product!

Heather
Interbane

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

Is there blood brownies and blood yogurt and blood drinking contests?
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.” - Douglas Adams
The Real Macai

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Creative Writing Student

Unread post

Killer Queen? Sounds like a good read. What's the synopsis?
[align=center]I'm on YouTube now. This is my most recent video hopefully worth watching: here.[/align]
President Camacho

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
I Should Be Bronzed

Unread post

Why is it that people who just finish writing a book think that joining BT and advertising their book for free is going to cause any heads to turn other than back and forth in shame for them.

Do it the right way and just pay some money to get an advertisement on the website. Unless you're a longtime member that's written a new book, you need to pay for advertisement like anyone else. We don't know you, have any emotional investment in you, and aren't shocked or amazed that you wrote a book.
Suzanne

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Book General

new authors

Unread post

Hello President C.

I have been pestering Chris to somehow incorporate an author/member forum. You bring up a very good point I will remember, and may relax my pestering.

You are so right, many new authors will plug a book, and then never partciapate in any discussions. I would be more willing to check out a new book from a member established, lets say "Thrilwriter" for instance. She has become my steadfast example on this topic.

It would be interesting and fun to discuss a book directly with the author, but can't do it, if the author's motivation to join BT is strictly limited to plugging their book through creating threads dedicated to themselves. My suggestion to any new author would be the same as yours, advertise, then stick around long enough to start a disscusion.

I have to agree with you.

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book!”