• In total there are 11 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 11 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 880 on Fri Jun 28, 2024 11:45 am

Female or Male?

Authors are invited and encouraged to present their FICTION books solely within this forum.

Which protagonist do you prefer for action and adventure types?

female

67%
male

33%

Total votes: 3
uod_sa_libro
Experienced

Female or Male?

Unread post

For an action and adventure genre, do you prefer a female or a male protagonist?

Why? (Sounds like an essay test nyahaha )
Aussie_Lifter
Permanent Ink Finger

Unread post

I always seem to get hooked by stories with female protagonists quicker than ones with male protagonists.

It does depend though, one of my favourite action books is The Spy who Came in from the Cold and I also enjoy Matthew Reilly.

Inventive or interesting writing styles dictate my level of interest moreso than the sex of the protagonist.
Last edited by Aussie_Lifter on Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
Iluvbookz13
Internet Sage

Unread post

Aussie_Lifter wrote:I always seem to get hooked by stories with female protagonists quicker than ones with male protagonists.
I agree with Aussie, male protagonists typically have no creative senses and tend to try to solve things with muscle instead of intelligence. Women of the human race have the natural characteristics that make them more intelligent, creative and sensitive than men; whereas men typically are built with less brains, and more agility and muscle. This is a very conflicting study but after a couple minutes of research that I conducted, it seems that those who have come to this conclusion are a larger mass than those who argue with it.

If you have a good mix of strength and brain in a protaginist, or the antagonist, then you have yourself a good book. :up:
-----------------------------------------------------
"Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, but Today is a gift; that is why they call it the Present."
Krysondra

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Intern

Unread post

For me, it's about the writing and the author and how they portray the protagonist.

However, I usually prefer male protagonists in my fantasy. Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, Wheel of Time...
"The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never say a common place thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars..." ~ Jack Kerouac
Iluvbookz13
Internet Sage

Unread post

Ya I agree It isn't about the characters' genders, it is more about how the author creates them, their personality, and the plot. Male/Female does not make much of a difference in a book to me, except for maybe the fact that I can relate to Men much easier :laugh2:
---------------------------------------------
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, but Today is a Gift; that is why they call it the Present."

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book!”