• In total there are 68 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 68 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

Hello to all!

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Banana
Getting Comfortable

Hello to all!

Unread post

Hey everybody,

I think mainly I'm here because I love books. I can't write worth anything but I love reading.

My living? I'm still supported by my parents, (Being a minor is great and not so great at the same time.), but I work at a grocery store in the kitchen. And I am a chem tutor at our local community college.

My hobbies? Reading, flying planes... that kind of stuff. :D
I'm an active leader in the CAP, applying to the Air Force Academy for next year...

My favorite author is Ted Dekker. Actually, I'm on the street team for Ted Dekker. But even if I wasn't I'd still be telling you all the time how much I enjoy his books.

But, I don't want to just barge in and ask you to sign up for email discounts. That's just plain rude.

So... Hello world!
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

Welcome to BookTalk.org, Ms. ummm....Banana. :shock:

What does being on the "street team" for an author mean? This is a new term to me.
Banana
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

This is the first one I've done. But a lot of my friends have done them before.

Basically, the publishers want to get the word out about the book. So they set up websites, and email lists, and coupons, and promotion videos... But all these things do no good if no one ever sees them.

So, they send out a call to their dedicated fan base, asking for volunteers. We sign up and get a special recruiting code. Then, when we get people to sign up for the email updates, or watch the book trailer, we get points.

In this set up, 5 people using your code gets your name in an upcoming book, but 15 gets you that plus an Advanced Readers Copy of the next book. :clap:

Then the next level is 50 people... I have no chance there. Once you get past there, they'll be judging on effort to see who gets the big stuff like a trip down to TX to have lunch with the author.

It's an interesting concept... And this particular "Fan base" is different than any other.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

Well I wish you luck. Sounds like a lot of fun. :smile:
Iluvbookz13
Internet Sage

Unread post

LOL sounds like much fun :up: GL

Return to “Everything Else”