• In total there are 24 users online :: 2 registered, 0 hidden and 22 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Penelope

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
One more post ought to do it.

Re: Avatars

Unread post

You are both enviably good at making short pithy posts.

I've never mastered it and continue to feature as garrulous old windbag. Que sera sera!! :cry:
Only those become weary of angling who bring nothing to it but the idea of catching fish.

He was born with the gift of laughter and a sense that the world is mad....

Rafael Sabatini
caseyjo
The Great Gabsby

Unread post

Mine is Zachary Quinto, who plays Spock in the new Star Trek film. I loved the film, and chose it because Spock is so logical, and I love science :D

So fun to hear about everyones' avatars!
bleachededen

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Finds books under furniture

Unread post

caseyjo wrote:Mine is Zachary Quinto, who plays Spock in the new Star Trek film.
I'm so sorry, I'm totally biased against Zachary Quinto because he plays Sylar on the TV series Heroes, and Sylar is the most manipulative, despicable, loathsome bad guy I have ever encountered. Each episode he is in I literally go into convulsions and scream at the TV, and cry and cry and pray every time I watch it for the time when they will kill him off, and every time he lives, I almost have a panic attack because I cannot stand that he is still alive. I cannot wait to watch that *$#@!& die! I hate him so much, so very, very irrationally much.

(I get way too attached to characters in both film, TV, and (especially) books. I'm very lucky to have a boyfriend patient and loving enough to put up with me while we watch things.)

Now I need a breather. Thank goodness Jeopardy is on -- but Trebek annoys me, as well! Why must there be so many bastards on TV? :lol:

**Note: If you have already watched Heroes up until the current season, DON'T TELL ME ANYTHING. We are only now on the 3rd disc of the 2nd season, so please don't spoil anything for me!!
caseyjo
The Great Gabsby

Unread post

bleachededen wrote:
caseyjo wrote:Mine is Zachary Quinto, who plays Spock in the new Star Trek film.
I'm so sorry, I'm totally biased against Zachary Quinto because he plays Sylar on the TV series Heroes, and Sylar is the most manipulative, despicable, loathsome bad guy I have ever encountered. Each episode he is in I literally go into convulsions and scream at the TV, and cry and cry and pray every time I watch it for the time when they will kill him off, and every time he lives, I almost have a panic attack because I cannot stand that he is still alive. I cannot wait to watch that *$#@!& die! I hate him so much, so very, very irrationally much.

(I get way too attached to characters in both film, TV, and (especially) books. I'm very lucky to have a boyfriend patient and loving enough to put up with me while we watch things.)

Now I need a breather. Thank goodness Jeopardy is on -- but Trebek annoys me, as well! Why must there be so many bastards on TV? :lol:

**Note: If you have already watched Heroes up until the current season, DON'T TELL ME ANYTHING. We are only now on the 3rd disc of the 2nd season, so please don't spoil anything for me!!
Haha, I can't watch Heroes because it's so weird seeing Zachary Quinto being so mean! I did end up watching the first season of that show. Maybe someday I'll watch the rest of it, since it was pretty good. Hiro is such a cool character, it would be nice to see what happens with him. Plus, Kristen Bell is on that show, and she's my favorite actress (Veronica Mars!). But, alas, there's so much television to watch and so little time, so I don't know when I'll get to it.

Trebek annoys me too! He always acts like he's so smart, but he doesn't actually know the answers, he just reads them off the cards 8)
wilde
Kindle Fanatic

Unread post

Kristen Bell was in season 2 of Heroes, which was technically only half a season. (spoiler in tiny text) Her character was killed by Sylar. :D

Haha, the first thing I watched ZQ in was an episode of lizzie maguire of all things. He was a total jerk, but it was funny.

I'm the opposite; I'm used to him on Heroes, where he's a total villain.... Except his character keeps switching from villain to hero. (For example, in season 2.) It annoys me, but he'll always be my favorite character. It's the eyebrows, I suspect. They draw you in. :shock:

But I always go for the villains, the heroes tend to bore me. :mrgreen:
Big bright accent, catty smile
Oscar Wilde confrontation
Ah, live like it's the style.

Shelfari!
bleachededen

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

NO MORE HEROES TALK!!!

I can't read any spoilers and you people keep telling me things I can't know!!!

Don't make me have to hide in the proverbial closet!!

:cry:
missyannlala
Book Nut

Unread post

Mine is a photo of some gorgeous little white flowers, I wish I knew what kind they were!!

But flowers make things seem peaceful and beautiful.
give me the rainbow!
wilde
Kindle Fanatic

Unread post

bleachededen wrote:NO MORE HEROES TALK!!!

I can't read any spoilers and you people keep telling me things I can't know!!!

Don't make me have to hide in the proverbial closet!!

:cry:

Really now, the only thing I said that you don't know was in tiny text. And if you read it, shame! :P

I love the show, but I just watch it for Sylar now. And Hiro, of course. :D

Shelfari!
bleachededen

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

I didn't read it. I was a good girl. :roll:

And I hate Sylar. God, how I hate Sylar. Everytime he's on screen I'm tense and agitated and yelling at him and the characters around him who don't know of his evilness. There's just something about the combination of that character and Zachary Quinto that drives me absolutely bonkers. I swear, as I've said before, I can't wait to see him die!!! :evil:
wilde
Kindle Fanatic

Unread post

bleachededen wrote:I didn't read it. I was a good girl. :roll:

And I hate Sylar. God, how I hate Sylar. Everytime he's on screen I'm tense and agitated and yelling at him and the characters around him who don't know of his evilness. There's just something about the combination of that character and Zachary Quinto that drives me absolutely bonkers. I swear, as I've said before, I can't wait to see him die!!! :evil:

If this weren't the Internet, I'd hit you. -shakes fist-

(Luckily, it would probably hurt my weak hand more than it would hurt you. :lol: )

I just want Claire to die already. She's so annoying. :x

Shelfari!

Return to “Everything Else”