• In total there are 12 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 12 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1000 on Sun Jun 30, 2024 12:23 am

Should only the native-born become president?

A forum dedicated to friendly and civil conversations about domestic and global politics, history, and present-day events.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Omid Mankoo Author
Master Debater

Re: Should only the native-born become president?

Unread post

Sadly much of our laws, which derive from our improper thinking, are derive from a phyisical perspective. Therefore in many cases it reflects a very mundane reality.
People who are born a certain place, they think that their country of birth is their country. ha ha ha. this limited thinking is emphasized over and over for people to be proud of their own heritage a if it is the best heritage above any other country. Or their own country's greatness is emphasized, not any other country. therefore the person grows up incorrectly thinking that their own country is the greatest.

none of this is necessary when a country is truthfully looking into all countries. when eductaion on all country's positivy and negativities all are presented truthfully. In my view, when a person who is born within America who becomes president and uses the office of the presidency to benefit himself, his company or various other companies to the disadvantage of the people in general is betraying teh people of that country. Greed knows no bounds. In my opinion persons like that should be bared from running for presidency, not the place of birth. An evil person should be not allowed to run for presidency. a hate muger should not be allowed to run for presidency.
wilde
Kindle Fanatic

Unread post

I'd have to say yes. It protects the US from a president having a higher allegiance to their birth country over the US. Also, it sort of makes sense that the president of a country should be born in that country. And it's also a matter of pride - I mean, if we have to get a president born in another country, what does that say about the citizens born there?

Of course, there are many exceptions.
Big bright accent, catty smile
Oscar Wilde confrontation
Ah, live like it's the style.

Shelfari!
thomaspatrick
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

yes
Thomas...
kneedeep
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Emotionally - my answer would be yes. I feel a hint of fear at the idea of a foreign born president. Analyzing it rationally - I'm not so sure. Immigrants are frequently extremely passionate about their adopted country and tend to see the true issues more clearly. Too many of our past presidents seem to have lost touch with the vast majority of people who make up this country, and are concerned only with keeping Big Business happy.

Return to “Current Events & History”