• In total there are 114 users online :: 2 registered, 0 hidden and 112 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1000 on Sun Jun 30, 2024 12:23 am

Atonement.

Authors are invited and encouraged to present their FICTION books solely within this forum.
missyannlala
Book Nut

Atonement.

Unread post

So, I'm assuming Atonement by Ian McEwan is fiction and I've been told it's a romance novel.

Is anyone else reading it? Or is there someone who can give me an opinion about it?

(please no spoilers!! I'm really liking it so far.)
give me the rainbow!
Suzanne

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Book General

Re: Atonement.

Unread post

Well, there certainly is a love story component but it is also has a psychological flair to it. I'm glad you are enjoying it, I will be interested in hearing your thoughts after you're finished.
DWill

1H - GOLD CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame

Unread post

I don't know if you might have read Cold Mountain. The love story in Atonement reminded me of the one in that book. But what impressed me and puzzzled me a bit about Atonemment was the structure of the narrative--shifts in time and point of view. McEwan plays a trick of sorts on the reader by embedding a narrative written by one of the main characters within the main narrative. It's interesting to see. I reread the book, but surprisingly didn't like it as much the second tiime. I thought this book was made into a fairly unremarkable movie.
missyannlala
Book Nut

Unread post

Well, I just watched the movie today. Having finished the book yesterday I decided to see if it would match up..I don't think it did. At least for me, the movie didn't play out the time period change too well. I was trying to think to myself..."wait, did it happen in that order..?"
give me the rainbow!

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book!”