• In total there are 19 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 19 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

Dangerous Angels

Share your current reading list, your impressions of the books, and whether you'd recommend them to fellow community members. Authors, please do NOT post in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
ennylnire87
Getting Comfortable

Dangerous Angels

Unread post

A friend of a friend gave me Dangerous Angels to read fairly recently. It's been something of an eye-opener for me, but not in any way I would ever have expected. Apparently, I'm something of a snob about literature.
Dangerous Angels is aptly described as "a sensualist's paradise." While I would not consider myself in any way against sensualism in a novel, provided it is done well, sensualism is about all there is in this novel.
Now, once started, I have never NOT finished a novel, therefore I am soundly committed, but it has been quite a struggle. It's a profound change from Thomas Hardy's Jude the Obscure, my last read, and I find myself consistently turning my nose up at the writing style and plot line.
Admittedly, it is easy to get lost in this book, but strangely, not very easy to pick up again once I've set it down.
One could argue that a truly well-written book should have no trouble getting and/or keeping the reader's attention, but there is accountability on the part of the reader. What my responsibility toward this book is, beyond finishing it, I'm not sure yet. At least it's opened my eyes about me.

Return to “What are you currently reading?”