• In total there are 86 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 85 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

Three Recommended Suspense/Horror Authors

Authors are invited and encouraged to present their FICTION books solely within this forum.
chimaybliss
Getting Comfortable

Three Recommended Suspense/Horror Authors

Unread post

Bikerdude
Getting Comfortable

Re: Three Recommended Suspense/Horror Authors

Unread post

My favorite three would be R.L. Stine (my fav in teenage), Dean Koontz and Stephen king. I recently did a review of books by stephen king and Dean Koontz on my blog:

http://ultimatenovelreviews.blogspot.co ... ation.html
JadenKnight
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

John Saul is wonderful, I have yet to read a book by him I didn't like. I grew up reading R.L. Stine as well. I love the Fear Street books I think I still have about 20 of them in storage. Dean Koontz is always hit or miss for me, I either love it or hate it with his books. Stephen King Is the author that my friends give me crap about because nine times out of ten I get board half way through and give up. I do love Needful Things and The Stand, but I tend to lose interest quickly with his writing style.
Bikerdude
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Good to meet another RL Stine fan. You've got 20 in storage, I would at least have 40 with me, all of them Goosebumps. Even if today I come across a GB I haven't read, I pick it up without hesitation just to reminisce about my early teen years... :drunk:
kd76
Official Newbie!

Unread post

I never really got into Koontz or Saul . . . big fan of King, though. Also into his son, Joe Hill, and David Wellington . . . anyone read those two?
JadenKnight
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Bikerdude wrote:Good to meet another RL Stine fan. You've got 20 in storage, I would at least have 40 with me, all of them Goosebumps. Even if today I come across a GB I haven't read, I pick it up without hesitation just to reminisce about my early teen years... :drunk:

Nice to meet you too. lol after I made that post I actually went to storage and dug them out. I have 15 goosebumps and about 30 fear street. I still love them all.
Bikerdude
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

I never tried the Fear Street series though I know they're very popular. I would love to try them but for some reason we don't find much of them here. How are the FS series like btw?

@KD76: Which King books do you think were particularly good/scary?
kd76
Official Newbie!

Unread post

Bikerdude: I like his short story collections the best, especially his newest one, Full Dark, No Stars . . . novel-wise, I like the extended edition of The Stand and It, and I always thought having a car that could regenerate, ala Christine, would be awesome. No need for insurance, ha-ha.

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book!”