• In total there are 45 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 44 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

n00b here

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Seraphim
Gaining experience

n00b here

Unread post

Hi all. I've been wanting to join a book club for a while, and since I'm currently in limbo in between moves, I thought online would be my best option. I used to read mostly classics (Austen, Dickens, etc), but lately, since most of my library is currently boxed up, I've been reading whatever I can get my hands on. I'm open to reading anything in any genre, and I'm hoping that by being here I can expand my literary repertoire a bit. I look forward to meeting you all in the discussions. :)
Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic. ~ Frank Herbert, Dune
Suzanne

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Book General

Re: n00b here

Unread post

Hello and welcome Seraphim!

We are reading and discussing a variety of books, both fiction and non fiction. I hope you find something that appeals to you, and please, jump right in! :)
bleachededen

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Finds books under furniture

Unread post

Welcome!!

You should join us in the Good Omens[/i] forum. A comic British approach to the apocalypse is always a good time! Grab a copy of the book and jump on in! :)
Seraphim
Gaining experience

Unread post

Thank you both so much for the welcome! I was reading up on Good Omens. It looks interesting, so I may have to run by the library and see if I can snag a copy. Until then, I'll be snooping around the rest of the forums. :D
Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic. ~ Frank Herbert, Dune
bleachededen

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

Snoop all you want! :)
Seraphim
Gaining experience

Unread post

Well I put my snooping to good use and just found an online copy of Good Omens, so I hope to be joining your discussion real soon. Much easier than driving out to the library. :)
justanumber
Almost Comfortable

Unread post

Welcome! nice name
of course, talking with people who share the same genre with you, you'll be able to widened your cultural background!
I think I found many clever and kind people here;D wish you do the same(;
Seraphim
Gaining experience

Unread post

justanumber wrote:Welcome! nice name
of course, talking with people who share the same genre with you, you'll be able to widened your cultural background!
I think I found many clever and kind people here;D wish you do the same(;
Thank you so much! It does seem to be a good group here. Very welcoming! :) I really look forward to getting to know y'all through the discussions.
bleachededen

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

Seraphim wrote:Well I put my snooping to good use and just found an online copy of Good Omens, so I hope to be joining your discussion real soon. Much easier than driving out to the library. :)
Sweet! :)
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

Welcome to BookTalk.org. :)

I love your signature line. While I never read Dune I did watch the TV series. What an amazing show. "History is written on the sands of Arrakis." I love that line.

Return to “Everything Else”