• In total there are 20 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 19 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

Were Ancient Gods From Other Planets?

Authors are invited and encouraged to showcase their NON-FICTION books exclusively within this forum.
Seraphim
Gaining experience

Re: Were Ancient Gods From Other Planets?

Unread post

Actually....as I have not participated in this conversation, you don't know anything about what I do or do not believe, so I'd appreciate it if you didn't jump to assumptions about me. Did you not even read my post? I said it wasn't necessary to read everything about a subject, as that is nearly impossible, so I don't know why you're asking me if I have. I do believe, however, that it is important to read information that you are providing in support of your argument.

I'm not diverting attention from the subject but merely pointing out a flaw in your argument. If anything, I'm trying to help you to improve your argument. :) Maybe I do believe in the potential of some of that stuff, but that doesn't mean that I don't recognize when someone goes about defending their beliefs in the wrong manner. I'd say the same if one of the other participants in this conversation threw out links and had not read them.

Now you specifically said in reference to the links you posted:
And no, I have not studied them at all.

Perhaps you meant to say you hadn't read them all, which would imply you had read some of the articles you posted. That is understandable, as I'm sure those links contain a lot of information. But if you haven't studied them AT ALL, then I stand by my previous comment that those links as evidence in your argument are pointless since you cannot defend what's in them because you haven't read them. :)
Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic. ~ Frank Herbert, Dune
MDuszak
Experienced

Unread post

I was not referring to YOU specifically. I used YOU referring to the group. It seems that EVERYONE here is against my beliefs so I kinda stopped reading what message is from whom :D and I see everyone as a group.

And yes, of course i HAVE read a lot of documents on the subject. I meant I did not read them ALL which is impossibility for me a the moment.

And just as something to point out-no, one's not reading all the details of the evidence does NOT render the evidence pointless. The evidence does not need defenders, it does not need me, or anyone else, evidence just IS regardless of how well its "defenders" are prepared to fight for its contents. It is merely presented.
Last edited by MDuszak on Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Think that life is an ongoing odyssey full of unsolved questions and mysteries, with no one truly knowing what the Ultimate Reality is? So do I! Purchase my new book "ODYSSEY OF AN AIRHEAD; ULTIMATE TRUTH, HERE I COME!" and join me on this Earthly journey full of new truths to discover! http://www.odysseyofanairhead.com
MDuszak
Experienced

Unread post

By the way, Seraphim-I like your signature! :D
Think that life is an ongoing odyssey full of unsolved questions and mysteries, with no one truly knowing what the Ultimate Reality is? So do I! Purchase my new book "ODYSSEY OF AN AIRHEAD; ULTIMATE TRUTH, HERE I COME!" and join me on this Earthly journey full of new truths to discover! http://www.odysseyofanairhead.com
Seraphim
Gaining experience

Unread post

I understand you not reading all documents. I was mostly referring to those links you posted and said you hadn't read. Perhaps it was a bit of a misunderstanding. And I didn't mean that the evidence, in whatever form, was pointless. I meant that, to me and my acceptance of evidence, if you (not specifically you, but anyone) are going to provide an article to support a theory but have not read it, then I can't really take it as a credible support for the argument. How can I accept it as evidence of your beliefs if you have not even read it to know if it does, indeed, support your theory?

But enough of that as we're talking in circles (at least I am), and it is straying a bit from the topic. Right now, I am not one to believe the 'evidence' that you have provided thus far. I don't see any scientific proof, as others have already said. I admit I'm a skeptic when it comes to psychics and alien abductions. But, that doesn't mean I won't laugh at myself years down the road if my future neighbor turns out to be from Krypton or some other planet. At this time, however, I don't think that very likely.

Oh...and thanks. :) I like my signature, too.
Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic. ~ Frank Herbert, Dune
MDuszak
Experienced

Unread post

Yes, talking in circles is what I find myself doing here as well all the time haha.

And yeah, who knows..WE might be from Krypton ourselves haha! All is possible. :)
johnson1010
Tenured Professor

Unread post

In the absence of God, I found Man.
-Guillermo Del Torro

Are you pushing your own short comings on us and safely hating them from a distance?

Is this the virtue of faith? To never change your mind: especially when you should?

Young Earth Creationists take offense at the idea that we have a common heritage with other animals. Why is being the descendant of a mud golem any better?

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!”