• In total there are 42 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 38 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

Sceintific-evidence of god

Engage in conversations about worldwide religions, cults, philosophy, atheism, freethought, critical thinking, and skepticism in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
johnson1010
Tenured Professor

Re: Sceintific-evidence of god

Unread post

Research opportunities, yes.

Proof? Proof of people's belief, yes. Proof of the things they believe, no.

You have provided evidence that people sincerely believe they saw aliens, or UFOs. Evidence you are vouching for, yet you admit you have not looked at it yourself.

I don't know why you seem to be so surprised that people are challenging your position on this issue. Are you saying that when you tell people, in conversation, that science is magic, you can levitate with the power of your mind, and that you can meditate into a higher state of knowing and journey the mystic pathways of Yog Shuggoth's inter-dimensional rainbow of knowledge, people just go along with that?

I am positive you experience similar skepticism in your every day life. It should come as no surprise that we are not convinced by your poorly crafted, under-funded web sites which are obviously the work of such prestigious organizations as:

Metaphysical Organization of Monitoring Sentience Based on Astrological Seismology Encompassing Meaty Entities Originating Non Terrestrially

AKA.

M.O.M.S. B.A.S.E.M.E.N.T.

Man, i wish i could thank MYSELF for that acronym!
In the absence of God, I found Man.
-Guillermo Del Torro

Are you pushing your own short comings on us and safely hating them from a distance?

Is this the virtue of faith? To never change your mind: especially when you should?

Young Earth Creationists take offense at the idea that we have a common heritage with other animals. Why is being the descendant of a mud golem any better?
Suzanne

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Book General

Unread post

johnson1010 wrote:Metaphysical Organization of Monitoring Sentience Based on Astrological Seismology Encompassing Meaty Entities Originating Non Terrestrially

AKA.

M.O.M.S. B.A.S.E.M.E.N.T.

Man, i wish i could thank MYSELF for that acronym!
:mbounce:

I'll thank you for you. If nothing else, this thread has provided many chuckles, from tasty oatmeal brains, edible magnifying glasses, and now moms basement.

I do have to agree with you Johnson, and I agree with many other members. It's so easy to search the internet and find what you want to see. I did a little experiment a while back while we were discussing the possiblity that the twin towers were distroyed by our own government. There were many web site links provided to support this outrageous claim. So I plugged in "Aliens attack the twin towers", and don't you know it, I found many sites that claimed just this.

The internet can be a useful tool, but it can also be dangerous. I can right now plug in "stiff neck" and find a site that will tell me I'm dying. Should I believe it? Yes, if I want to believe that I am truly dying. The more reasonable course of action would be to seek medical attention from a trusted doctor. My point being is, we can always find support for any argument by searching the internet no matter how outrageous that argument is. The closest we can come to the truth is to read both sides, add a dash of personal experience, and a great big heap of reason.
johnson1010
Tenured Professor

Unread post

Good example, Suzanne.

There is no oversight on the internet, so any crazy thing you put out there might be taken as fact or truth from the credulous observer.

More than TV, more than Radio, the observer has to sift through the garbage to find the gold on the internet. Critical thinking is more important here than anywhere else.
In the absence of God, I found Man.
-Guillermo Del Torro

Are you pushing your own short comings on us and safely hating them from a distance?

Is this the virtue of faith? To never change your mind: especially when you should?

Young Earth Creationists take offense at the idea that we have a common heritage with other animals. Why is being the descendant of a mud golem any better?
MDuszak
Experienced

Unread post

To Ms. Bleach only: Hahahaha....Are you referring to the "wookoopookoosoupmoush" remark I threw at you? Haha..I did that on purpose to test your reaction and I am glad you recognized that offending other people's viewpoints, like you have been doing with me using all sorts of terms such as "nuts, giberish, spew, insane, crazy, ridiculous, nonsense, and many others" IS an indication of lack of respectful communication. And you are a Discussion LEADER? That actually points to the quality of this forum-you guys are mostly brewing in your own stew here.

See ya around! :)
Last edited by MDuszak on Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Think that life is an ongoing odyssey full of unsolved questions and mysteries, with no one truly knowing what the Ultimate Reality is? So do I! Purchase my new book "ODYSSEY OF AN AIRHEAD; ULTIMATE TRUTH, HERE I COME!" and join me on this Earthly journey full of new truths to discover! http://www.odysseyofanairhead.com
MDuszak
Experienced

Unread post

To Johnson: Magic IS Science yet to be discovered. However, I recognize I probably did not define Magic correctly enough as there are more than one definitions of the word "magic" (I forgot I am dealing with unesoteric people here, my apologies. :) ).

I dont refer to magic as MAGIC TRICKS... Magical science pertains to OCCULT SCIENCES studying the nature of human existence and consciousness as well as laws governing the universe. It is the science of energy manipulation. It is the ancient art (mysticism, alchemy have been around for centuries) . Many principles involved here HAVE been discovered by present science (quantum physics..particles physics..hyperspace, etc. ), many STILL are to be discovered and thats why: Magic IS science yet to be revelaed. Magic is the EsOTERIC SCIENCE, I by any means refer to MAGIC TRICKS. So thats that.

And about internet, research on UFOs reality is NOT first found on internet, it is based on real life research and investigations. THEN it makes its way to the internet.

And no, I dont oppose to anyone challenging the views presented. I am challenging yours so it works both ways. I simply recognize that at some point the discussion simply goes moot and tedious.

Good day, :)
Last edited by MDuszak on Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Think that life is an ongoing odyssey full of unsolved questions and mysteries, with no one truly knowing what the Ultimate Reality is? So do I! Purchase my new book "ODYSSEY OF AN AIRHEAD; ULTIMATE TRUTH, HERE I COME!" and join me on this Earthly journey full of new truths to discover! http://www.odysseyofanairhead.com
Suzanne

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Book General

Unread post

MDuszak wrote:To Ms. Bleach only: Hahahaha....Are you referring to the "wookoopookoosoupmoush" remark I threw at you? Haha..I did that on purpose to test your reaction
MDuszak:

You are testing the reactions of many. Referring to a member whose name is bleachededen as Ms. Bleach, is offensive in and of itself. Putting smiley faces at the ends of your screeching sentences and inserting HaHas, do not mask the insulting nature of some of your posts.
MDuszak
Experienced

Unread post

OK. :)

Return to “Religion & Philosophy”