• In total there are 56 users online :: 3 registered, 0 hidden and 53 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

I Write Like

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Joad
Permanent Ink Finger

I Write Like

Unread post

I stumbled across this site the other day and thought aspiring writers may find it interesting. The site is I Write Like -- http://iwl.me/ -- and the idea is that you submit a couple of paragraphs of your writing, submit and it instantaneously analyzes your writing and tells you which famous author your style most resembles. I'm sure this is in no way scientific, but I found it interesting.

I submitted some writings from a script I'm close to finishing, a political rant I wrote for a blog and some of my writing from my days as a journalist. For the three samples I was compared to David Foster Wallace, Stephanie Meyer and H.P. Lovecraft. While I wouldn't mind having Stephanie Meyer's bank roll, I'm a little depressed that some of my writing was compared to her -- not because she's a woman, but because I am so over the whole vampire craze. Sorry to the fans, but I'm all set with vampires. Never in my life would I think that one of the coolest/malicious/evil characters of all time could be transformed into 90210/soap opera slop. I mean seriously, aren't you tired of seeing vampires that look like they were just pulled from the pages of an Abercrombie & Fitch catalog? True Blood has been slowly circling the bowl since the amazing first season and half way through the second season. They should kill off Sookie and Bill - their acting has become atrocious -- and Jason, and just focus on Erik, the queen and the deputy/sheriff -- the guy from OZ and Lafyete. The last great vampire movie was "Shadow of the Vampire" about the making of Nosferatu, starring Willem Defoe and Malkovich.

Sorry for the anti-vampire rant, but check out that site....
"Those whom the Gods wish to destroy, they first make mad." -- P. H. Fawcett
Suzanne

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Book General

Re: I Write Like

Unread post

Wow, this is pretty cool. I just submitted a piece of my writing from a contest here on BT, and I write like Margaret Atwood!

Return to “Everything Else”