• In total there are 25 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 25 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

I just saw inception. Let the hyperbole begin!

Engage in discussions about your favorite movies, TV series, music, sports, comedy, cultural events, and diverse entertainment topics in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
johnson1010
Tenured Professor

I just saw inception. Let the hyperbole begin!

Unread post

Chris Nolan doesn't know how to make movies that are less than outstanding.

I haven't seen one yet. Have you?
I imagine him watching a bad movie, like "Attack of the killer tomatoes" and thinking to himself.
"Why does this suck? How does that even happen? If I had made this, it would have been awesome!"

And i completely agree with imaginary Chris Nolan's imagination. If he had made that movie it would have been great in the conventional sense, not just the that-was-so-terrible-it-was-good sense.

Other movies that if they were made by Chris Nolan would have been great:

Death bed: The bed that eats people.
Catwoman
Jackfrost
Rocky and Bullwinkle the movie
Resident Evil: Extinction.

(Side note. I have a game i play where
i take the names of bad movies and change
them to reflect what the movie is really like. for instance.
Resident Evil = Excrement Evil.
Cat in the Hat = Crap in the hat.
you can play at home!)

The point is, go watch Inception today. It was a fantastic movie.
In the absence of God, I found Man.
-Guillermo Del Torro

Are you pushing your own short comings on us and safely hating them from a distance?

Is this the virtue of faith? To never change your mind: especially when you should?

Young Earth Creationists take offense at the idea that we have a common heritage with other animals. Why is being the descendant of a mud golem any better?
Theomanic

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Agrees that Reading is Fundamental

Re: I just saw inception. Let the hyperbole begin!

Unread post

I *am* going to watch it today (we tried yesterday but it was sold out). I'll let you know what I think - I'm pretty excited!
"Beware those who are always reading books" - The Genius of the Crowd, by Charles Bukowski
wilde
Kindle Fanatic

Unread post

Resident Evil Extinction was a great movie. -shakes fist- I just don't think of it as Resident Evil, I just think of it as a zombie movie.

I hate Alice too. The next one'll be bad though - they're taking good scenes from the game and making them into a crappy movie (in 3D too! I can't stand 3D!). And don't get me started on their casting... :evil: Thank god they plan on redoing them. But I digress!

Inception was really good. And Cillian Murphy was in it, which makes it good by default. :P
Big bright accent, catty smile
Oscar Wilde confrontation
Ah, live like it's the style.

Shelfari!
Joad
Permanent Ink Finger

Unread post

I saw it today and I have to agree, Christopher Nolan couldn't make a bad movie if he tried. The guy's one of -- if not the best -- director in Hollywood right now. I've heard a lot of people complain that they couldn't follow it but I didn't have any trouble keeping pace with what was going on an it was visually stunning. I loved Joseph Gordon Levitt as Arthur, he's a tremendous actor. (Side note: He's actually rumored to be The Riddler in the third Batman movie, directed by Christopher Nolan.)

If you haven't seen "Following," which I believe is Nolan's first movie, do yourself a favor and check it out on Netflix.
"Those whom the Gods wish to destroy, they first make mad." -- P. H. Fawcett
Theomanic

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Agrees that Reading is Fundamental

Unread post

Wow, just got back - it was pretty great. The directing seemed extremely excellent, though I'm not usually one that's good at pegging such things. I can see how it was a bit confusing. Sometimes I would mentally pause and think "Okay, where precisely are they now?". I also loved Joseph Gordon Levitt - I thought he did a great job. I would be interesting to see him as the Riddler. I wonder if there is any truth to that rumour? I also loved the ending of the movie. I don't know it could've been done any other way.
"Beware those who are always reading books" - The Genius of the Crowd, by Charles Bukowski
Joad
Permanent Ink Finger

Unread post

I also loved Joseph Gordon Levitt - I thought he did a great job. I would be interesting to see him as the Riddler. I wonder if there is any truth to that rumour? I also loved the ending of the movie. I don't know it could've been done any other way.
If you like JGL and you haven't seen "Brick" put it in your Netflix queue. It takes place in a high school, but all the dialog is written like it's from a 50's pulp noir detective novel. One of my all time favorite movies. JGL plays the detective/main character trying to solve the death of his ex-girlfriend, Claire from Lost, after she gets mixed up with a bad crowd. All the traditional pulp characters are there; the bitter detective (JGL), the femme fatale, the cop with questionable integrity (the school's principal played by Louis Gosset Jr.) the brain, the muscle and the drug dealer (played by Lukas Haas, the kid that was dragged off the helicopter at the beginning of Inception).

Fantastic movie...
"Those whom the Gods wish to destroy, they first make mad." -- P. H. Fawcett

Return to “Arts & Entertainment”