• In total there are 56 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 55 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

Hi. I'm T. William Phillips

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
lphill0955
Getting Comfortable

Hi. I'm T. William Phillips

Unread post

I have wanted to be a writer for as long as I can remember, but it wasn’t until I began my self-education that I realized the kind of writer I wanted to be. Three years ago, I began a rigorous study of classic literature, including Hermann Hesse, Ernest Hemingway, and Jack Kerouac, as well as Dostoevsky, F. Scott Fitzgerald, Flaubert, Camus, Steinbeck, Joyce, among many others, not to mention countless poets. I have also studied the philosophers who inspired the themes and topics about which these authors wrote. It was the classic Hessean bildungsroman theme that inspired my coming of age novel, Restless Heart.

Now, at the age of 24, I have written my first of what I hope to be many literary works. After carefully studying the elements that go into the creation of a truly great novel that will stand the test of time to be studied and pondered by countless literary critics and aesthetes, I am hopeful that I have written a novel that consists of those key elements, which make a great literary work.

website - www.twilliamphillips.com
Just a writer
Suzanne

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Book General

Re: Hi. I'm T. William Phillips

Unread post

Hello and welcome William:

Thank you for describing your book and your thought process while writing it. I wish you the best of luck with your literary career.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

Welcome to BookTalk.org! :) Very impressive to have written your first novel at only 24 years old. I've read the description of your book and it definitely looks enticing. I really hope to see your name as an author for a long time. Will you be writing more books?
lphill0955
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

I have several ready, but am hoping to land an agent and/or mainstream publisher with this one first. Thanks for the interest.
Just a writer
booklady
The Great Gabsby

Unread post

What Suzanne and Chris said. :)

I very much like "Restless Heart" after reading the synopsis yesterday and now it is on all my Wish Lists everywhere. It's definitely my cuppa.

Welcome and Congrats on being "just a dad". Does that mean that you are a NEW dad?

Off I go to check out your website.
Booklady

A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination.
Nelson Mandela

I went to a bookstore and asked the saleswoman, "Where's the self-help section?" She said if she told me, it would defeat the purpose.
George Carlin

“A classic is a book which people praise and don't read.”

"War doesn't determine who's right. War determines who's left."

"When I hear somebody sigh "Life is hard" I'm always tempted to ask "Compared to what?"

You never truely understand something until you can explain it to your grandmother. --Albert Einstein

Return to “Everything Else”