• In total there are 28 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 28 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1000 on Sun Jun 30, 2024 12:23 am

What sort of fiction do you read?

Authors are invited and encouraged to present their FICTION books solely within this forum.
pctacitus

Re: What sort of fiction do you read?

Unread post

I read some Sci-Fi (mostly Frank Herbert's books and Card's Ender Series), historical fiction, military novels (like All Quiet on the Western Front, Once An Eagle, etc.) and classical literature like Euripides, et al. ...[T]o ignore the classics is ultimately to weaken the very foundations of our society. - James Atlas, Book Wars: What it Takes to be Educated in America
vetwriter
No End in Sight

Unread post

I am open to reading just about any sort of fiction, as long as it has a great story/plot. However, if I'm going to read Sci-Fi, it has to be pretty highly recommended. Most of the time I like fiction that has a mixture of genres.
To find out more about both myself and the books I have written, please visit: http://www.virginiafrazier.webs.com
becki_uk
Almost Comfortable

Unread post

I like pretty much anything except chick lit. Right now I'm particularly into crime and horror.
cliffball
Permanent Ink Finger

Unread post

I generally read science fiction. I also read alternate history, historical biographies, the occasional political book, some other non-fiction, thrillers, fantasy, and the occasional horror novel.
Author of The End Times Saga, a Christian fiction series. Visit my website to check them out.
Site/blog
Twitter
Facebook
reader2121
Experienced

Unread post

I read novels that get me labeled as a snob reader.
katrinia17
Official Newbie!

Unread post

YA, Fantasy and Horror for me!
vetwriter
No End in Sight

Unread post

Hi Katrinia17,

Who are your favorite YA books/authors? If you like YA, I recently published a YA novel called "Wavering" that's available in paperback at Amazon.com, and pretty much any bookstore as long as you request it from the clerk, and both the kindle and nook.

It's about sixteen-year-old Joy's father dies of an unexpected heartattack, so she and her mother move to small town Wavering in hopes of regaining some form of a relationship with the grandparents who disowned her mother long ago. While they are there, not only does she have to deal with being the new girl at school, but the town has been ripped by a murder, and rumor is that Joy has a lot in common with the woman who was murdered. She becomes terrorized by a psychopath, and only her instincts might be enough to save her from a fate worse than death.

If you would like, check out my website: http://www.virginiafrazier.webs.com
To find out more about both myself and the books I have written, please visit: http://www.virginiafrazier.webs.com
phillies4evr
Intern

Unread post

The type of fiction I read has to have a good plot and storyline to it. If I read the book cover to cover within 4 to 5 days, I consider that book to be excellent writing. I am a little prejudice over the type of material that I consider some of the best reading ever because I am the Dir. of bookings and promotions for an author who is advertised on here. To me, his writing skills and creative capabilities make him an author that I am very proud to work for!
phillies4evr
Intern

Unread post

the kind of fiction that I enjoy is a book with characters that you can relate to and one day you can read from cover to cover without being able to put it down.
vetwriter
No End in Sight

Unread post

I feel like I've done my job as a writer when people ask me if there will be a sequel to my book because they didn't want the story to end. If I would rather stay up and read than go to sleep, or if I want to know more after the story is over, it's definitely a good book.

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book!”