• In total there are 36 users online :: 2 registered, 0 hidden and 34 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1000 on Sun Jun 30, 2024 12:23 am

victory for the tea party activists!!

A forum dedicated to friendly and civil conversations about domestic and global politics, history, and present-day events.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: victory for the tea party activists!!

Unread post

Robert, thank you very much for providing those charts showing the US deficit over the past few decades. I have to concede the point that the Republicans have really been responsible for most of the debt problem. Unless that chart can be interpreted differently Clinton did a great job.

But Obama is out of control. Can anyone deny that?
Please consider supporting BookTalk.org by donating today!
vetwriter
No End in Sight

Unread post

Define out of control. Do you mean with the amount of money he is spending?
Well, before he took office, we were involved in Afghanistan and Iraq. It takes money and time, strategically speaking, to leave or complete whatever objective Bush set out for our military men to do.
Regarding healthcare, that is something that will benefit Americans. There are too many people without medical insurance, so what do they do? When they are sick or hurt they go to the emergency room, and then we are stuck paying for it anyway as taxpayers.
What about bailing out companies, such as Bush had done before him? Well, yes, that cost the taxpayers a lot of money, but some of those companies have already paid back the money loaned to them in full with interest.
So yes, what do you mean by, out of control? I have a great respect for the man and he has to be one of the most intelligent, well-spoken presidents we have had in office. People forget that it isn't a one-man effort (and even I understood that I couldn't blame Bush for everything while he was in office). I'd like to know who could do better and not be a laughing stock for our country.
To find out more about both myself and the books I have written, please visit: http://www.virginiafrazier.webs.com
JulianTheApostate
Masters

Unread post

Chris OConnor wrote: But Obama is out of control. Can anyone deny that?
I deny that completely.

In terms of temperament, Obama is more controlled than any President in US history. He is amazing calm and mild-mannered.

In terms of government spending, Obama's stimulus package was very sensible. According to the CBO, the stimulus package created between 1.4 million and 3.3 million jobs. Less government spending would hurt the job market and extend the recession even further. The country needs another stimulus package, but unfortunately that won't happen in the current political environment.

Return to “Current Events & History”