• In total there are 62 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 61 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

Vincent Scuro

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
vincentscuro
Getting Comfortable

Vincent Scuro

Unread post

I'm Vincent Scuro, published author since 1974 and a member of the Author's Guild. Altogether, I've had 17 books published (12 non-fiction and 5 novels). I've also published 3 novels under my pen name, Spencer Dane. Since 1992, I've written the Here's A Thought column for the Southwest Orlando Bulletin. I've also done lots of magazine work as well.
Paca57
Atop the Piled Books

Re: Vincent Scuro

Unread post

Hi Vincent! Congrats on your writing successes.
vincentscuro
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Thanks!
Suzanne

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Book General

Unread post

Hello and welcome Vincent!

It's an honor to have such a successful writer on the boards. I hope you enjoy yourself here at BookTalk.
vincentscuro
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

It's an honor to be here, Suzanne.
ValsBooks
Eligible to vote in book polls!

Unread post

Hi Vincent. Congratulations on your success! I'm creating a marketing plan for my current novel, an upcoming novel, and my children's books for 2011. I'm curious about effective and affordable marketing campaigns. Any advice for a newbie?
vincentscuro
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Hi Vals,
I'm more of a writer than a marketer, although I did start out writing press releases for $50 a page back in the early 1970s. Some old fashioned ways for starters: 1 - If you have a local "shopper" newspaper that goes free to homes, you can usually get some press there. 2 - Develop a relationship with a local bookstore or the library and do a signing. They're a lot of fun if you like meeting people. 3 - Find a reader book club -- usually a group of people who get together once a month and talk about the books they've read and offer to be a guest speaker to talk about your new book(s). Hope that helps!
ValsBooks
Eligible to vote in book polls!

Unread post

Great ideas Vincent! My local libraries won't carry Wiretap because it wasn't reviewed by their 'preferred reviewers' so I learned my lesson on that one. The next novel will be in their reviewers hands months in advance. I like you local shopper magazine idea & I'm going to check out the book clubs. Thanks again and have a fantastic day!
Paca57
Atop the Piled Books

Unread post

ValsBooks--

I am pretty new to the Ebook publishing end of this business with one novel out. I am not familiar with wiretap and am wondering if you would mind explaining how you use it to promote your writing at the library..?

Vincent, I also thank you for sharing your ideas openly!

Patrick
LauriMeyers
Official Newbie!

Unread post

Hi Vincent,
I just read "Wonders of Cattle" for research on a book. I was excited at the end to see you lived in Jersey (as I am), but I guess that was back in the 80s :). Thank you very much for the informative book which has served as great inspiration.

Return to “Everything Else”