• In total there are 27 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 26 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

New thriller: Eye of the Needle

Authors are invited and encouraged to present their FICTION books solely within this forum.
Simon Bever
Official Newbie!

New thriller: Eye of the Needle

Unread post

Hi
I have recently published two books on Amazon - the first is Eye of the Needle and it is getting great feedback. It's set in contemporary London (UK) and follows the tale of a young policeman of Egyptian extraction who deals with the apparently excessive damage to a sports car on the Embankment one muggy evening rush hour which turns out to be the precursor to a series of increasingly violent events from an unknown perpetrator. A quiet young PC is slowly embroiled in the tense re-enactment of a conflict from the ancient past and the race is on to catch or be caught. There are unseen powers at work in this riveting tale and help comes from the least expected quarters.

'A fun read filled with a cast of characters you will want more of when the book ends. The setting for the story provides a delightful backdrop to the intrigue and grit of the material, along with a likable policeman and his associates. Police officer Romeo Atum, who is described as an English Egyptian Coptic Orthodox Christian and a descendant of the Pharaohs leads us through this story and introduces us to the people he meets and investigates in the line of duty. Along with his Mum, his coworker Jon, his new love Estephe, Satis the prostitute, a reporter and the mysterious homeless man Horace, Romeo has his hands full trying to make sense of recent murders which at first do not seem connected. The streets of London, along with the references to Egyptian history add exciting flavor to an otherwise great mystery. The ending leaves you with a little suspense and hoping for a next installment. Hopefully, we won't have to wait long! An all around great read.

It can be bought from Amazon for Kindle only (unfortunately) http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0047O2EHW - thanks

Simon
ValsBooks
Eligible to vote in book polls!

Re: New thriller: Eye of the Needle

Unread post

Hi Simon! Your book sounds very interesting. Are you sure Kindle requires exclusivity? Have you tried Smashwords.com? They can get your eBook into all the popular eBook sites, including Apple, Sony, Diesel & Kobo. This link will take you to my eBook, Wiretap, and will show all the different formats Smashwords offers themselves, without even distributing to the other sites. You can get to their homepage and navigate around from there: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/19205 Have a great evening!
Suzanne

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Book General

Unread post

Hello and welcome to BookTalk Simon! Thank you for sharing your book with us. I wish you the best of luck with it! :)
Simon Bever
Official Newbie!

Unread post

Thanks for your comments - I have heard about Smashwords but I've also heard some negatives for authors - is it really as good as Amazon and are the sales equivalent?
ValsBooks
Eligible to vote in book polls!

Unread post

It's true, I have my own issues with their Premium Distribution channels, but they keep telling me they're working on it. Unless your a publisher with a certain number of titles, Smashwords is the only way you can get onto Sony's eBook site. And their royalties are pretty good.

Enjoy the day!

Valerie

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book!”