• In total there are 82 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 81 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

Hello :)

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
lunabella
Official Newbie!

Hello :)

Unread post

I am always looking for new books to read, so I decided to search for online book clubs and this site looks like the perfect fit :) Happy reading!

luna~
ValsBooks
Eligible to vote in book polls!

Re: Hello :)

Unread post

Hi Lunabella! Let me know if you like a good murder mystery... Have a great evening.
Suzanne

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Book General

Unread post

Hello and welcome Luna!

I hope you enjoy yourself here at BookTalk!
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

Welcome to BookTalk.org!
lunabella
Official Newbie!

Unread post

Thanks for the welcomes :)

I haven't really read any murder mysteries, ValsBooks! That might be something I should consider as I'm looking to branch out a bit. Any thoughts? Thanks :)

luna~
ValsBooks

Unread post

Hi Luna! Great to hear from you. There are all kinds of mysteries out there. I have a special fondness for Dean Koontz (weird stuff) because the relationships his characters have with each other are very endearing, he gives fantastic visuals and he's quite poetic. I also love medical thrillers (Michael Palmer's 'The Patient') and forensic mysteries don't get any better than Jeffery Deaver (The Bone Collector is a classic and unsurpassed in my humble opinion). But my favorites are the fun ones, like the novel I released this past July, Wiretap. You can find it pretty easily on Amazon (paperback and kindle), complete with author bio. I'll be releasing a new murder mystery the beginning of July and I'm currently happily at work on the cover art.

Take care and Happy Reading! Let me know what you end up choosing. So many books...so little time. :-D

Valerie Biamonte
lunabella
Official Newbie!

Unread post

Hi Valerie, nice to meet you! Thanks for all the wonderful suggestions; I'll have to see what my library has available first :) I'm going to check and see if my library can order your book. We're a bit poor at the moment and we aren't buying books, but if my library can order your book, I bet loads of people would find out about you. Congratulations on getting published! :) Thanks again for the suggestions, it's exciting to have a new genre to consider. Take care :)

luna~
ValsBooks

Unread post

Hi Luna! Thank you for the note. It's nice to meet you too :-). It would be great if you could ask your library to purchase Wiretap. That's an area I've been working on recently, and it has been quite a challenge even getting local libraries to show an interest. But it's all a learning experience and with my next release this year, I'll be even more prepared to give them what they want. But one thing I do know is that if library patrons request specific titles, they're more apt to purchase them and some do use Amazon to find good deals. Thanks again and have a terrific evening. Let me know what book you choose, if I've read it before it'd be fun to compare notes. Take care.

Return to “Everything Else”