• In total there are 27 users online :: 3 registered, 0 hidden and 24 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

What was your college major?

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
GreggMattson
Permanent Ink Finger

Re: What was your college major?

Unread post

Electronic Telecommunications...almost. One credit short of an Associates Degree. I could have finished, but I was offered a terrific job that included room, board and $$$ on Air Force contract and dumped school.

That isn't the advice I'd give any of my four kids I have in College now, but it worked for me and kept me making a good living for 37 years.
Rob Dunbar
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Sex. With a minor in Drugs.

(Now you've gone and made me all nostalgic.)
Robert Dunbar
UninvitedBooks.com
DunbarAuthor.com
Tati-Ana
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

International management. Totally useless despite the official acknowledgment of the degree as I realized after moving to Germany. Nevertheless I'm trying my luck:)
rottenapricot
Official Newbie!

Unread post

I'm enrolled in the Art institute for my town. I'm pursuing a degree in Computer science, though technically I'm an artist and an animator. I'm not too concerned with finding work once I get out of school due to the fact that my college is career-oriented and I'm among the top students in terms of artistic aptitude. I've already made money using my abilities prior to going to college.

Either way I'm also interested in Internet marketing. I'm not so good at it yet though haha. If I do go back to school I'll probably end up pursuing a business degree.
kyjake23
Eligible to vote in book polls!

Unread post

Which semester? I started out wet behind the ears, on a quest to become an English teacher...until I did my first few class observations and decided there was no way I was going to do that for 30k/year. Switched to Political Science, moved on to Paralegal Science, finally settling on Public Relations/Communications before giving it up altogether.
Nouf
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

I'm in my last course in college , and my major is in English literature,/ minor international Affairs.
I was going to study business management but I didnt continue because i thought that is not who I'm nor what I really like. I really loved to enter psychology dep but I didnt thought of it as really studying it. So I enter English literature because I love study different languages, other than my Arabic language. However, if someone ask me what would you choose if enter college I would surely choose international Affairs dep. because I discovered that I love politics. :)
That Book Nerd
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

I left college a couple of years back, after I got my Associates' Degree, because some things came up and I needed to focus more on my work than on my education. In the end, I realize that it was a pretty big mistake.

Either way, things eventually worked out, and this Fall I'll be attending the University of Tennessee and finishing up my Bachelors' Degree in Geology.
"We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered."
- Tom Stoppard (Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead)
Gao Yu Qing

Unread post

BS in Biology, emphasis in fisheries and aquatics. Minored in art for 3 years but finished with a minor in philosophy. Then went to seminary for a MA in Intercultural Studies.
jotex

Unread post

I'm finishing my B.S. in political science with a minor in journalism. I'm not plannning to go into either of those fields. Frankly I don't know what I'm going to do. If I could restart I would major in philosphy or psychology.
jotex

Unread post

Rob Dunbar wrote:Sex. With a minor in Drugs.

(Now you've gone and made me all nostalgic.)
HAHAHAHA!

Return to “Everything Else”