• In total there are 29 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 29 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

A new Illumination

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
illumination
Official Newbie!

A new Illumination

Unread post

Hello!

You can call me Illumination. I am a 28 year old lady living in Michigan. Single. I love the beautiful beaches of Lake Michigan. I am returning to school to get a Masters in School Counseling.

Of course, I love to read. My favorite authors are Lorrie Moore, Jonathan Safran Foer and Mark Twain. I especially like Mark Twain's short stories. Twain's Mysterious Stranger opened my eyes to a whole new world of thought when I was in high school. Lately I've been reading mostly short stories. A delicious thought-provoking snack. I have trouble with novels, which tend to simply consume all my free time until the book has come to an end. And then I want more! There is nothing more bitter sweet then the end of a good book. Racing through the chapters, page after page. Until, suddenly, there is nothing left.

I am trying to read more non-fic, which is why i joined this site. I love learning about religions, and more so, philosophy. I am agnostic, but if the wind blows, I will land on the atheist side of the fence.

Feel free to friend me or ask me any questions you have. I don't want to just meet new books, but new people as well.

I'll be seeing you around!
That Book Nerd
Getting Comfortable

Re: A new Illumination

Unread post

Hey, welcome to the site.

I picked up a copy of Mark Twain's The Innocents Abroad last weekend. I'm looking forward to starting it, sometime soon.
"We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered."
- Tom Stoppard (Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead)
illumination
Official Newbie!

Unread post

Welcome to you to as well.

Enjoy The Innocents Abroad. Let me know what you think of it : )
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

Welcome to BookTalk.org :)
Interbane

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

I'm from Michigan originally. Upper Michigan. Welcome to Booktalk!!!

Return to “Everything Else”