• In total there are 49 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 49 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

Tobacco-Stained Mountain Goat (novel) out in 2011

Authors are invited and encouraged to present their FICTION books solely within this forum.
Andrez
Eligible to vote in book polls!

Tobacco-Stained Mountain Goat (novel) out in 2011

Unread post

Hey mates,

There's probably a separate thread somewhere here to stick this update, but in the meantime I'm putting this here in case anyone's interested since my novel Tobacco-Stained Mountain Goat (http://www.anothersky.org/2010/12/) will be published, through US label Another Sky Press, at the end of January 2011.

It's a bit of a cut-up fusion of genres. My editor (Kristopher Young, who penned Click), when pressed, put it thus:

"The book itself is sort of... well, indescribable, really - noirish, subtly sci-fi, hard-boiled, futuristic; Blade Runner with a touch of Sam Spade, a smattering of Orson Welles circa Touch of Evil, or The Third Man. And a shot of bourbon."

Anyway, I'd like to believe that's what we've at least partly achieved... ;)

While we're still in the edit on the book (mostly cleaning up and organizing the cover artwork), we have a sneak preview of the original, unedited first two chapters here:
anothersky.org/in-print/tobacco-stained ... ez-bergen/

Anyway, I'm obviously over the moon about publication of the bugger in the new year and hope you have time or inclination to check it out. If you do find the time to potter over something a little different... read away. Heh-heh.

All the best,
Suzanne

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Book General

Re: Tobacco-Stained Mountain Goat (novel) out in 2011

Unread post

Thank you for introducing your book to us.

I wish you good luck with it. :)
Andrez

Unread post

^ Really appreciated, Suzanne; thank you!!
Fingers crossed on this one... plus I'm endeavouring to do the same with my toes... ;)
Andrez

Unread post

This baby finally went off to the printers yesterday, and will be published in March. Obviously I'm pretty darned chuffed and blown away by the whole thing, so hope you don't mind me making another entry here.

Obviously over the moon about publication of the bugger and hope you have time or inclination to check it out. We also have a silly teaser cut-up video for the novel online here:

TSMG TEASER:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCjdZjllHTY

Plus this is the cover art:

Rant and hype out. :roll:
Andrez

Unread post

One hefty element of happiness is... getting the printed, bound and published version of your novel for the very first time in your mitts!!!

They're here - ZOUNDS.

The biggest ever possible thanks to Kristopher, Bob and everyone else at Another Sky Press for their tireless work, belief and madly cool assistance on this beastie - it's their baby as much as is mine. And cheers to family and mates for all their support and encouragement over the years it took to finish off the yarn.

Here're the front and back covers, with the barcode - and we even have a darn-tootin' ISBN number! ;)

I think I'm still a little bit in shock, really - so I'll stop gabbling here and sit down with a strong coffee to pore over one of the copies I have beside me.

If you're interested in checking out more about the novel, head on over to the Tobacco-Stained Another Sky site:
anothersky.org/in-print/tobacco-stained ... ez-bergen/

WOW. Bliss.

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book!”