• In total there are 41 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 41 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

Simply a Girl in Pursuit of the American Dream

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
TaylorBP
Getting Comfortable

Simply a Girl in Pursuit of the American Dream

Unread post

Hello, I'm Taylor and I'm part of the group doing the ACA Book Club threads. I enjoy doing many activities, a couple of which include playing piano and reading. I read basically anything I can, though at the moment I re-reading Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. I also am fond of what I've read of Kurt Vonnegut. The most dystopic fiction I've read is 1984 and Animal Farm. I've read some classic literature (Emma by J. Austen), and some more modern classics, such as the works of Mark Twain. However, not Tom Sawyer or Huckleberry Finn by him. I've attempted to read both and frankly I didn't like them in the least. I'm more of a fan of his more auto-biographical literature, such as Roughing It, or The Innocents Abroad. At heart I belong in the Romantic Era I believe. I'm a major Edgar Allan Poe fan, and because I am in fact really this much of a nerd I have a complete volume of all his work.

I have a huge list of books I'd like to read one day, and the book I'm reading for my book club, Anna Karenina by Tolstoy is one of those books. Some other books on this list include some of Dostoyevsky's and Fitzgerald's works. Amoung several others.

:)
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: Simply a Girl in Pursuit of the American Dream

Unread post

Hi Taylor,

That was one of the best and most thorough introductions I've seen in a while. You've got great taste in literature and I hope you stick around. Look at all the forums here on BookTalk.org and make yourself at home. :)

Return to “Everything Else”