• In total there are 51 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 51 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

kcdaisley finally opens his mouth

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
kcdaisley
Getting Comfortable

kcdaisley finally opens his mouth

Unread post

I actually joined booktalk back in September of last year, but am only just beginning to toodle around here. I "liked" booktalk on FaceBook around the same time. I found booktalk in a Google search for online reading groups, and joined immediately. My favorite books as a kid were Alice in Wonderland which I've read countless times, and Bullfinch's Complete Mythology. I was (and still am, somewhat) a bit of a loner, so reading was (is) the perfect pastime.

When I moved to New York City more than 20 years ago from my native Trinidad, one of the first things I bought was a book (well, actually the airline lost my luggage, so the first first first thing I bought was a pair of pants, then the book!). I was an English Literature major in college where I was exposed to all kinds of 'high' literature much of which I still enjoy. Shakespeare has become a constant favorite, and, via that interest, historical biographies and historical fiction.

I especially like movie adaptations. One of my ambitions is to read as many books as I can stand from which movies have been made, watch the movie itself, and write a few thoughts on how well I thought the film did in capturing the tone and atmosphere of the book. That might be a good idea for a booktalk blog! A Google search turned up a website (http://www.ocl.net/bookinfo/if/movies.shtml) with all the book to movie adaptations to date. Quite a list! Wish me luck! :-)
kcd
Dexter

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
I dumpster dive for books!
United States of America

Re: kcdaisley finally opens his mouth

Unread post

Welcome, that's a good idea for a blog, that'll keep you busy for a while.
kcdaisley
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

And how! :-)

Thanks, Dexter, for saying hello.
kcd
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

Welcome to BookTalk.org! :)

This is really an awesome blog idea.
kcdaisley
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Thanks for the welcome, Chris.

Maybe I'll give it a go. But, where to start? :-)
kcd
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

Well, you are welcome to create a Blog right here on BookTalk.org.
kcdaisley
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Right. I've visited the blog section and thought it was pretty straightforward. I was wondering what movie/book I should begin with. I saw the new Jane Eyre last night which is the last of nine movie/TV adaptations of the novel. A comparison of those movies, and their successes in capturing the tone of the book might be a good first blog entry - if, that is, I'm not driven mad by watching Jane Eyre nine times.
kcd

Return to “Everything Else”