• In total there are 7 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 7 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

The Hot 100

A platform to express and share your enthusiasm and passion for poetry. What are your treasured poems and poets? Don't hesitate to showcase the poems you've penned yourself!
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Saffron

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
I can has reading?
United States of America

Re: The Hot 100

Unread post

Penelope wrote:I'll go to the bookstore on Friday/Saturday, get it, and check out the selection. We are out for the day tomorrow so I can't go then.
Penny, once you have the book feel free to start us off. I will set up the thread today. I just figured out that my book is coming from the UK and should arrive mid May! I had no idea when I ordered it.
giselle

1H - GOLD CONTRIBUTOR
Almost Awesome

Unread post

Penelope wrote:Last time I looked we had a copy where I work - and I fancied dipping into it but would have liked some guidance on appreciation of the selection.......... appreciation, Giselle!!!! :wink:

I could copy and paste the selections onto here and you, others, could do the initial commentary, if you like.
Penny ... Any guidance I could offer on matters of poetry would have to be taken with a grain of salt, or less. But I appreciated your suggestion enough to buy the Rattlebag book and I'm now playing a waiting game with Amazon. I see a 'Rattlebag' thread has started, so looks like you have really fired this up!
Penelope

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
One more post ought to do it.

Unread post

I'm going up to the shop tomorrow morning. It might not be open because there's a wedding going on somewhere - :wink: but I've got a key, so I'll still be able to go in and get the book.

I'm not going to sit glued to the TV screen, but I will have the TV on all day because I want to see the frock and also the wedding outfits of the guests. Shallow....you see...just a shallow person, me.
Only those become weary of angling who bring nothing to it but the idea of catching fish.

He was born with the gift of laughter and a sense that the world is mad....

Rafael Sabatini

Return to “A Passion for Poetry”