• In total there are 56 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 55 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

From Quebec

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
QuietWoman
Official Newbie!

From Quebec

Unread post

Hello!

So, here is:

*I'm female with 98% animus energy.
*I'm from Quebec: I speak English but French is my mother tongue. In a past life, I was probably a British Victorian lady stationned in India with her husband.
*Hobbies: Writing my own novel and short stories (almost done the rewriting of my novel), tea drinking (big time tea lover), movies, Saturday night documentaries on hippos crossing the Serengeti, butter chicken, chocolate, big & tall Black men with glasses on.
*My favourite books are '' The classics'' (been on a lifetime project to read them), I love David Foster Wallace essays (hilarious), Yukio Mishima and non-fiction books on history, philosophy and spirituality (Ken Wilber would be an example).

Please don't tell me :'' Yeah, you're great, you guys elected Stephen Harper again!''.

Ok, bye!
QuietWoman
Official Newbie!

Re: From Quebec

Unread post

I forgot: I really like sloths. Like, I really love watching YouTube videos of sloths and if I see a book on sloths, I'll read it.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

Well, we have quite a bit in common.

I love butter chicken too! You're talking the Indian dish right? Wow, that is my very favorite dish on planet Earth.

And David, our web designer, is a sloth fanatic. He has emailed me a bunch of sloth videos and I can see why you find them fascinating.

Welcome to the community! :)
MidnightCoder

Unread post

QuietWoman wrote:I forgot: I really like sloths. Like, I really love watching YouTube videos of sloths and if I see a book on sloths, I'll read it.
I just happen to have a sloth website in the works. I'll keep you posted. :)

In the meantime, I'm sure you've seen this one, but I'll just leave this here...

Hope you have fun on BT.
QuietWoman
Official Newbie!

Unread post

Oh my! That's definitely the best sloth video evah!

I didn't know sloth-loving people were on this board about books. Sloth...books...Mmm? Taking things slowly?

Return to “Everything Else”