• In total there are 37 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 36 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

Seeing both sides

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Randall R. Young
Experienced

Re: Seeing both sides

Unread post

Harry wrote:Jesus famously hung out with drunkards and prostitutes!
Jesus brought the wine!
lady of shallot

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Genuinely Genius

Unread post

Harry Marks:
There are many, many passages in the OT that were not inspired by God, much less written by her,
Hi Harry, I am rather curious as to why you refer to God as "her". It sounds so new agey and cutesy. Since I do not believe in the existence of any God, it does not really matter to me why God is referred to as she, he or it, but I wondered if you had a particular reason for choosing "she"?
Harry Marks
Bookasaurus
Ukraine

Unread post

Lady -

I am sorry to sound New Agey. I spent some time learning about feminist theology at one point, and am a feminist myself. I believe God is spirit, and is "She" just as much as "He". Since most people use He, and masculine values still tend to dominate religious discussions, I choose to use the feminine reference.

Yours is not the face I am trying to be in, by referring to God by her feminine side. But I do like getting under the skin of fundamentalists with it. I am a little mean about it, I would say.

Return to “Everything Else”