• In total there are 54 users online :: 2 registered, 0 hidden and 52 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

Help!!! I need a book!

Authors are invited and encouraged to present their FICTION books solely within this forum.
areadingpigeon
Official Newbie!

Unread post

hey .
I've got quite the same problem...I read harry potter..then the saga came to it's end . same thing with twilight . . I'm like: what now!????
but eoin colfer's ''wishlist'' is quite good...and a book called'' the black tattoo'' i can't recall the author. it was Sam ....somebody... but these books aren't sagas. i'm sure you'll find something...i'm looking. And it's rather hard in estonia, because i'm not a fan of reading books in computer or on-line...then i can't find some books, i've discovered on internet, from libraries and most of stuff hasn't been translated, which is not a problem, but...like, eclipse and breaking dawn aren't translated yet...
AndiSGraham
Getting Comfortable

Re: Help!!! I need a book!

Unread post

Well His Dark Materials fits pretty much all that criteria, suprised no one else has mentioned it already.
By Phillip Pullman, that's what popped into my head too
When people walk away from you, let them go. Your destiny is never tied to anyone who leaves you, and it doesn't mean they are bad people. It just means that their part in your story is over. - Tony McCollum
TheViolin
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

This book isn't in a serise and it does not have the strict good vs evil. And by up to date do you mean set in modern time or just published recently. This book was first published in the year 2000.

Anyways, the book is called Troy by Adele Geras. And it is quite a wonderful book. It had everything that I wanted when I first picked it up. Love, War, Unrequited love, and meddlesome greek gods. Honestly, it was one of the first books that made me almost cry. It has funny and sad parts.

I know that it is not exactly what you are looking for. But it's just a suggestion so that if you want to try something different, you know where to look! :D
anthem1
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

I agree that Philip Pullman's Dark Materials is excellent.
Bobcat10
Official Newbie!

Unread post

By the way, I love this thread. Also, have you read Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl? It's the first in a trilogy. Not as addictive as Twilight, but still pretty good. I don't know, though. I don't think anything is going to fill the Harry Potter hole!
Ang85
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

The Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon is really, really good and completely addictive! I think there's 7 or 8 of them in the series and they fit your criteria perfectly!!
mzspaztastic
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Ang85 wrote:The Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon is really, really good and completely addictive! I think there's 7 or 8 of them in the series and they fit your criteria perfectly!!
This series is AMAZING!!!
Neilostroff
Official Newbie!

Unread post

I think you'll love this!

AFTER
By
Neil D. Ostroff

When Nick Murray dies mysteriously he enters an afterlife like nothing he had ever imagined. There are rules, regulations, and beings in positions of great power. The devil craves this power and will do anything to attain it, even use his evil influence to start a global war on Earth. The devil intends to collect billions of human souls and turn them into a massive, afterlife zombie attack force.

Nick’s soul is dropped into the body of a deceased army commander in the hopes of stopping the apocalypse. But an unexpected turn of events lands him face to face with the ultimate adversary where he discovers a terrifying truth. How can you destroy something that is already dead?

AFTER available on Kindle for $1.79:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0050Q8D8U
Jupiter
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

You might consider The Lord of the Rings trilogy (but start with The Hobbit!) by JRR Tolkien. Also, the Left Behind series (by Tim LaHaye and Jerry Jenkins) is fascinating, and I'm not terribly religious.
Ziegler80

Unread post

I suggest Justin Cronin's The Passage, which is the first book in his vampire trilogy.

I've written a bit about it on my blog: http://ratemybooks.com/2011/the-passage ... in-cronin/

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book!”