• In total there are 56 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 55 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

What was your college major?

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
BookSpyGal
Getting Comfortable

Re: What was your college major?

Unread post

I have a B.A. in biochemistry, minor in biology and a Master's in Biology (molecular focus). Couldn't find work upon graduating, so I took up programming. Got a couple of websites now, and a LOT of time to read!
BretAM5
Almost Comfortable

Re: What was your college major?

Unread post

I just graduated with a major in politics (yes, everywhere but Brandeis it's called political science, which in itself makes party discussion a tad annoying). I've been spending the summer trying to figure out what to do with it. I took a lot of journalism classes (though I didn't major or minor in it) and did enough internships and freelancing that I'm trying to find more permanent work in that field. But we'll see if I'm lucky. I think I would prefer to find work and stick with it, because going back to school for a Master's would A.) bankrupt me and B.) drive me insane.
"As far as I'm concerned, the entire reason for becoming a writer is not having to get up in the morning." -Neil Gaiman

Check out my fiction blog/online notebook, Watch Your Eyes

Return to “Everything Else”