• In total there are 18 users online :: 2 registered, 0 hidden and 16 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1000 on Sun Jun 30, 2024 12:23 am

Preachers, Priests quitely embrace the Christ myth!!!

Engage in conversations about worldwide religions, cults, philosophy, atheism, freethought, critical thinking, and skepticism in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
stahrwe

1I - PLATINUM CONTIBUTOR
pets endangered by possible book avalanche

Re: Preachers, Priests quitely embrace the Christ myth!!!

Unread post

Speaking of that, anyone here ever heard of a James Churchward?

Semms to have gone conspiratorally quiet here.

When can we schedule Murdock?
n=Infinity
Sum n = -1/12
n=1

where n are natural numbers.
tat tvam asi
Reading Addict

Unread post

Murdock is difficult to get to post on outside forums. You can email her directly though, as these priests and preachers have done. She tries to respond emails. Also you can reach her on FTN forums via threads or the PM system. Dialogue between the two of you would be pretty interesting Stahrwe.

Here's a link to her "emails I have loved" thread:

http://freethoughtnation.com/forums/vie ... f=4&t=1959

Here's some of the most recent:
Freethought Nation: my own struggle with this
Monday, May 16, 2011 8:38 PM
To: Acharya S

As you can see by my name w/ the titles. I spent a good part of my adult life as a Xian Minister. I earned B.Th., Th.M, and Th.D. degrees in Theology and Apologetics. I studied under Dr. ------- & Dr. -------- I was an Apologist. I started out Fundamental Baptist then studied my way to higher and higher churchiness.

Eventually my studies led me to believe that Xianity was a hoax and I left it entirely. Today I am an Ecclectic Universalist, probably mostly a panentheist/pagan/hermetic/u name it... LOL. The journey for me was certainly not an easy one, indeed. All those yrs of study in Xianity have left me still to this day, w/ some feeling of hurt and pain to think how I and so many millions of others have been duped.

Your books have been an inspiration to me. I know you get a lot of flack from ppl for the things you say, but I urge you to continue to say what you think and the hell w/ those that don't like it. It's their hell, let them go there. I follow you postings on facebook daily. Love the feedback you give and get in FreethoughtNation. Basically I just wanted to say thank you and keep on keeping on.

--------------------------------------

Re: Bible scholar: New Testament books and letters bogus
Tuesday, May 17, 2011
To: "Acharya S"

Hi,
I just wanted to pop in here and thank you for your many hours of research and fearless approach to the TRUTH...It takes guts to stand firm!!! I want to let you know that I am thankful that there are people (very few) like you that won't be beaten down by the insanity of religious fervor....

Many thanks, A

------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Thank you Acharya S for your great work in enlightening humanity and liberating us from mass ignorance and mental slavery! Religion must be abandoned, your contribution can only be measured not in miles but astronomical units !

-------------------------------------------

Date: Sun May 22, 2011
Subject: Believers' reactions mixed to unfulfilled doomsday prophecy - Washington Times

ok everyone, just had to get this off my chest! When I started coming out of my own personal haze of christian brainwashing, Number one I admitted I had been brainwashed. Number two I realized I had been lied to and taught a bunch of solar mythology and that made me mad!!!

People drained their bank accounts? Drove thousands of miles? WTF???!!! For what rapture? I know, people like being in their own happy bubbles-so let them be... Personally, christianity was a torturous road for me filled with oppression, racism, and confusion. Acharya's work has been a healing balm for my psyche, especially The Gospel According to Acharya S!!!

Peace,

Jackie G.

------------------------------------------------

Patti O: So sad. Thanks for debunking this story so well Acharya. When everyone is talking about the world coming to an end, it made me stop and wonder...what if it's true. I knew just who to turn to - I'm so glad you're there.

Nick F: I LOVE YOUR WORK... THANK YOU !!!!!!

Travis C: Who Was Jesus? was probably my favorite of your books. The rational simplicity of it is devastating.

Jc S: You can count on Acharya to keep the facts straight, so your religious friends will finally get some real truth.

--------------------------------------

Liz V: ...your work is very important and the fact that you're not too big to talk to us is very refreshing. Thank you for all you do to enlighten people.

-----------------------------------------

Reed S: What a beautiful person you are, Acharya, both of physicality & of mind! Thank you for all you do. I cherish your emails. I am all-the-more enhanced as a person by what you write.

--------------------------------------------

Chrissy G: I love this lady. Common sense over faith.

----------------------------------------

Patrick C: Thank goodness for someone as courageous, wise and persevering as Acharya for battling the darkness of lies.

----------------------------------------

Robert M. Price: Wow! Amazing! But that is at least as much a tribute to you, my sister! [Response to my post on his Facebook page about my review of his book Pre-Nicene New Testament]

---------------------------------------

Linda H: Thank the Gods or atoms of energy ( joke). For you actually have given me a chance to understand so much of what's going on. Thank you for sharing your knowledge. What do you think it will take to find world brotherhood /sisterhood. Can we meld or are we going to never learn to accept and love one another. What do you think?

------------------------------------

[Note that nowhere have I ever represented myself as having a doctorate, but many people over the years have thought I do, based on my writing, and have called me "Doctor" and "Professor."]

Re: The Pre-Nicene New Testament - a Review
Wednesday, June 1, 2011
To: "Acharya S "

Dear Doctor:

I love you.
Truly.
I appreciate the 'cost' of your research.
I laud you for exposing the 'truth'.
(those words are highlighted to signify that I don't know the value of them, yet.)

My belief is that the Truth, as it pertains to everything in this cosmos, should be free, as all information should be.

I'm troubled that people such as yourself, scholars and academics, should have to pay to conduct this research.

One day, perhaps not far off, we can all enjoy the benefits which we all have to give, as a species, collectively, and without recompense, at least in monetary means.

The power structure that exists presently derives its power from the deception that little bits of paper are more important to us than life itself.

I'd love to shower you with those bits of paper, but I don't have the means, number 1, and number 2, I think that it would merely uphold the belief that knowledge should be acquired at a cost to everyone who seeks it.
Again,
I love you.
I am grateful to the death for your unbridled and courageous stance against all the historically inaccurate models of this world that you have had to face in your research.
I am far more grateful for your willingness to share this information, online, though.
You have improved my life, through knowledge.

All the best to you,
always,
OB.......
:mrgreen:
Last edited by tat tvam asi on Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stahrwe

1I - PLATINUM CONTIBUTOR

Unread post

tat tvam asi wrote:Murdock is difficult to get to post on outside forums. You can email her directly though, as these priests and preachers have done. She tries to respond emails. Also you can reach her on FTN forums via threads or the PM system. Dialogue between the two of you would be pretty interesting Stahrwe.
I have been a member of FTN for several months now but I choose not to post there as it is her website and she has a right to publish her stuff there. I think it would be rude to intrude.

As for a dialogue with her, I am absolutely up for that but not online. I accept the challenge to have her come and speak to my church with the proviso that we can ask her questions. I will even furnish her with the questions in advance provided that we are allowed to ask followup questions based on her answer. So, when can she come?

I understand her reluctance to venture out of FTN. Why should she? I wouldn't either if I were her. She has a good thing going so why mess it up. Let you guys do the recruiting. Send you out to take over other discussion groups and funnel people to her.
tat tvam asi wrote: Here's a link to her "emails I have loved" thread:

http://freethoughtnation.com/forums/vie ... f=4&t=1959

Here's some of the most recent:
Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Hi,
I just wanted to pop in here and thank you for your many hours of research and fearless approach to the TRUTH...It takes guts to stand firm!!! I want to let you know that I am thankful that there are people (very few) like you won't be beaten down by the insanity of religious fervor....

Many thanks, A
I found it interesting that when it suits your purpose you don't have any problem finding supporting text for your position.

As for the letters, I found the above interesting the whole FEARLESS and won't be BEATEN down concept appeals to me, so let's have her at my church, when can we do that?
n=Infinity
Sum n = -1/12
n=1

Interbane

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

I think it would be interesting to watch, but there honestly is no point. I've seen your immunity to reason. Even if you couldn't come up with a single issue that Murdock didn't decisively answer, you would not be swayed even in the least. That is faith. It's a farce, a one sided hot seat where questions with good semantical structure(but flawed logical structure) would be thrown around as though they are legitimate. I wouldn't give any such speech to an audience that was so systematically and ubiquitously bad with logic. It's like attempting to make people with no discipline jump into formation and march without mistake, it wouldn't happen.

Here's another way to put it. We know you're "color-blind" to logic(including the foundational epistemology). What do you tell yourself inside your head when I mention that you're missing a logical connection, or you're missing a premise, or your argument is non-sequitur? Do you think I share the same color blindness and cannot see these things with great clarity? An artist(who, in this case uses bright colors for painting), who truly and fully understands their form of art, would have just as much luck explaining the nuances of it to a room of color-blind people.

You give examples of your color-blindness nearly every post. For example, you never sufficiently answered the problems with the camels in the other post. I believe there were 3 instances of flawed or non-existant logic which you believe supported your position. I've stopped pointing out your every error, if you haven't noticed. You can't teach a color-blind person to see colors. The wiring isn't there.
stahrwe

1I - PLATINUM CONTIBUTOR

Unread post

Well, I am completely unsurprised. So, all the bluster about it being good to have Murdock go to churhes around the country pointing out our error was just that - bluster and the 'E' is alive and well. You do Gould and Dawkins proud.
n=Infinity
Sum n = -1/12
n=1

tat tvam asi
Reading Addict

Unread post

Stahrwe, I'm sure you do realize that someone like Murdock who has as many enemies in Islam, Christianity, even eastern religions too, can't just go around speaking at religious gatherings as if no harm could come of it. Would she come strolling down the isle at your backwoods Brevard County redneck church on Sunday? Probably not.

If you want to ask questions do it on the forum. Link all your friends to it, link the world to it, do whatever you like. Critique her CIE, SOG, or even WWJ. We have apologist / trolls coming on every so often trying to get a rise out everyone, why don't you have a go at it. You already speak to GA, Robert, Vishnu, And others here. Why not take it to FTL and Murdock too?
stahrwe

1I - PLATINUM CONTIBUTOR

Unread post

tat tvam asi wrote:Stahrwe, I'm sure you do realize that someone like Murdock who has as many enemies in Islam, Christianity, even eastern religions too, can't just go around speaking at religious gatherings as if no harm could come of it. Would she come strolling down the isle at your backwoods Brevard County redneck church on Sunday? Probably not.

If you want to ask questions do it on the forum. Link all your friends to it, link the world to it, do whatever you like. Critique her CIE, SOG, or even WWJ. We have apologist / trolls coming on every so often trying to get a rise out everyone, why don't you have a go at it. You already speak to GA, Robert, Vishnu, And others here. Why not take it to FTL and Murdock too?
Typical Tat post, evasion and derision. I wasn't the one who suggested preaching to churches you guys did, I just jumped at the chance. And BTW, I do not speak to AronRa. I may take it to Murdock - when I am ready and if I decide she is worth the effort so far it doesn't seem like she is, more of an eccentric than a serious scholar.
n=Infinity
Sum n = -1/12
n=1

Robert Tulip

2B - MOD & SILVER
Australia

Re: Preachers, Priests quietly embrace the Christ myth!!!

Unread post

The point was not whether Murdock or anyone who shares her views would accept a specific invitation, but rather the observation that in general Christians only give a hearing to people who reinforce their prejudices. This shows that Christians do not admit their failures but prefer to hide them.

If you speak from a church pulpit, as I have done, and question the virgin birth, you are not likely to be invited back, even if that church prides itself on being modern and rational and liberal. They will come up with excuses such as that it offends older members of the congregation, when really they fear that allowing discussion of evidence will destroy their faith. Fundamentalist churches would never allow such dialogue in the first place.

The Virgin Birth is one thing, but suggesting that Christ probably did not exist is another entirely. The fact is that the Christ myth theory is so shocking, despite its logic, that ordinary Christians, and academic theologians for that matter, face major emotional blockages in even starting a dialogue about it. It is as bad as the attitude to atheism and evolution in the nineteenth century.

The lack of honest dialogue is seen in the relentless self-censorship of the media, politics and scholarly literature where being polite to Christians is seen as more important than knowing the truth. Scientists who engage in these topics, such as Dawkins, also fail to engage with the mythicist argument because it requires effort to treat the Bible and religion seriously, something they are not prepared to do.
Azrael
Masters

Unread post

tat tvam asi wrote:Stahrwe, I'm sure you do realize that someone like Murdock who has as many enemies in Islam, Christianity, even eastern religions too, can't just go around speaking at religious gatherings as if no harm could come of it. Would she come strolling down the isle at your backwoods Brevard County redneck church on Sunday? Probably not.

Good luck with that happening Tat. He's secure here in the knowledge that no matter what he says nothing will be done to him. His only defense to the MP is the bible and we know that fairytale won't hold water its so full of holes.
Interbane

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
United States of America

Unread post

Well, I am completely unsurprised. So, all the bluster about it being good to have Murdock go to churhes around the country pointing out our error was just that - bluster and the 'E' is alive and well. You do Gould and Dawkins proud.
That doesn't mean what I said wasn't true. Evading fiction isn't evasion. There is no debate Stahrwe, your worldview is false. You're obviously forgetting about this important fact. Murdock would be there to educate you, and that is the only reason. If you're incapable of learning, there is no point.

That's the truth Stahrwe, it's not an evasion.

Return to “Religion & Philosophy”