• In total there are 30 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 30 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1000 on Sun Jun 30, 2024 12:23 am

The Bible Unearthed

Authors are invited and encouraged to showcase their NON-FICTION books exclusively within this forum.
Vishnu
Intern

Re: The Bible Unearthed

Unread post

stahrwe wrote:One wonders why one subjects ones self to things one can't stand.
It's not a matter of subjecting to it Stahrwe, you posted it here in a public forum for all to see, and there wasn't much to be done to avoid it, other than ignoring it simply for seeing your name on it, which is not what I do and would kind of defeat the purpose of even coming to this forum if I were not going to read what was posted.
stahrwe wrote:The back and forth between experts is how peer review works.
Uhhh... no shit, THAT was exactly my point. You only posted one reply in the exhange and that was it, I have now come along and pointed out that it was a back and forth exchange and did not end there with the single reply you posted, hence if one wants a full scope of what Dever & Finkelstein had to say to each other, they should read the entire exchange.

No one here but you could've read my post and come away with the impression that I was somehow antagonistic to the peer review process. I was in fact promoting the full scope of this particular peer review.

And so, since some people need to have their hand held and be helped across the street-
"I can't stand when people[like Stahrwe] do stuff like that[as in, post a single reply in a drawn out exchange and just leave it at that]."
Last edited by Vishnu on Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:15 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Frank 013
Worthy of Worship

Unread post

Stahrwe
the source is not an automatic disqualifier just because you suspect there may be bias.
Wow, good advice… and yet you feel free to dismiss every single professional that dares question your beloved fairy tale… talking about their agendas and their promotion of atheistic propaganda among other things sometimes going as far as to unjustly question their motives, their professionalism, their methods and even their aptitude.

I suspect that you must do these things or you might be forced to take an honest look at what they say… and your adored folk story cannot withstand that.

Thank you for falling directly, face first into my hypocrite exposure death trap and showing us all just what a huge hypocrite you are.

You make this too easy.

Later
That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.
stahrwe

1I - PLATINUM CONTIBUTOR
pets endangered by possible book avalanche

Unread post

tat tvam asi wrote:You're deluded Stahrwe, and it all stems from there. Finklestein did not just sit down one day and decide that to make a name for himself he ought to fabricate a false archaeological record of his own homeland and people. He had to struggle with the fact that the evidence doesn't match up to the folklore, and that the truth will sting him and his people, but it must be told anyways.

The easy street would be to go along with the biblical archaeologists and agree with everything they assert. Instead he took the hard road, the uphill journey. He now has plenty of enemies and people wanting to down him and belittle him. Why? Because he had the courage to choose the sting of a harsh truth over the cock stroking of a nasty lie. And the bible is the nasty lie in this case. It's mostly BS with a few sprinkles of fact tossed in for flavor...
There are two strategies in marketing. One is to place yourself in the pack and share a piece of the pie. A different strategy is to stake out a marginal position and work it. Given the climate with respect to Israel and religion in general the more promising strategy is the latter. Given the comments from the reviews which dealt with substanative items, it is my opinion that was the model TBU took. Perhaps you can provide a rebuttal to the reviews which said that TBU lacked substance and backup.
For example: How many footnotes are there in the book?
n=Infinity
Sum n = -1/12
n=1

where n are natural numbers.
tat tvam asi
Reading Addict

Unread post

Are you asking me or telling me Stahrwe? Do you know or are you simply relying on your quote mine from Dever which claims that no footnotes are given? You haven't quoted the book, you've quoted other people quoting the book which you came across in a knee jerk reaction to find something that might appear to give the illusion that you know what you're talking about. And now you're going on as if you're in the position to be asking questions as if you already know the answers, when you don't know a dam thing because you haven't read Finklestein's book to begin with.

I'm working on a real "surprise" for you right now Stahrwe, let's hope that it comes to fruition shortly...
Last edited by tat tvam asi on Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Vishnu
Intern

Unread post

Banned?!? Well, that took long enough. Anything in particular that broke the camel's back?
tat tvam asi
Reading Addict

Unread post

I don't know. I was responding to him last night and I see that he's banned today. But oh well, that was a long time coming. He was warned a near infinite amount of times but never payed any attention. He just kept on re-quoting in full peoples posts that were right above his post and an assortment of other BS that he was told would get him banned. And it looks like it finally did.

Watch, now he'll show up at the FTN trying to face off with me and others over this whole ordeal. I say bring it on. I'll deal with him over there...
Frank 013
Worthy of Worship

Unread post

Tat
Watch, now he'll show up at the FTN trying to face off with me and others over this whole ordeal. I say bring it on. I'll deal with him over there...
I'll have to sign up so I can watch the show :)
That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.
Vishnu
Intern

Unread post

Please do, Frank, we'd love to have you. Robert & Stuart are also members over there too. In a way, I kinda hope he does try to dip his toes in the water over there. FTN hasn't had a good troll in a while to shake things up.
tat tvam asi
Reading Addict

Unread post

Man, we've had Greekorthodoxy from youtube, Keith Truth, King David8, Roger Pierce, and a variety of apologist trolls trying square off with Murdock and the bunch. Stahrwe would just be another notch on the forum bed post. I sort of expect him because he's obsessed with people like me and Robert and the only way to at us now is through the FTN. But there's less tolerance for trolls than here. He wouldn't have lasted this long doing the things that he did around here. I've already challenged him to post over there so it's fresh in his mind. And he divulged that he's already signed up a long time ago, silently looking in from time to time.

Well I guess the debate here about Finklestein has drawn to an end. Unless some other apologist wants to refuse to acknowledge solid scholarship and sound reason?
Azrael
Masters

Unread post

Vishnu wrote:Banned?!? Well, that took long enough. Anything in particular that broke the camel's back?
There must be a god! What took so long? He must have cut the donation cord!

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!”