• In total there are 4 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 4 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

Currently reading?

Share your current reading list, your impressions of the books, and whether you'd recommend them to fellow community members. Authors, please do NOT post in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Murrill
Gaining experience

Re: Currently reading?

Unread post

Just beginning "The Hour I First Believed" by Wally Lamb. His treatment of mental illness in two previous books ("I Know This Much is True" and "She's Come Undone") was spot-on.
skybluepink
Almost Comfortable

Unread post

I'm reading Shanghai Girls. I'm not that far into it yet. I just started it today.
froglipz

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
Brilliant
United States of America

Unread post

I just bought Betty White's "If You Ask Me..."

It is nice light reading so far, and I just adore her and have since I was 4 years old
~froglipz~

"I'm not insane, my mother had me tested"

Si vis pacem, para bellum: If you wish for peace, prepare for war.
Penelope

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
One more post ought to do it.

Unread post

Suzanne, I too like Margaret Atwood, well, those that I have read. She's a wonderful lady too.

I am currently reading, 'Coming Up for Air' - George Orwell. Eighteen years after the First World War - its affect on a man coming to terms with being 45 years old, and fearing the Second World War. The Quaking Confusion of England in 1939. Orwell, for me, writes characters who really get under your skin. I can always relate to them. This is my 'downstairs' book.

Upstairs, I am reading 'The Fancy' - Monica Dickens - who is the grand-daughter of Charles Dickens. I haven't read one of her books for a long time. I do love her writing and characters, and this one, which I haven't read before, is particularly good. I bought a set of six books by her, published in the 1950's with yellowing pages. They are small and lightweight, so good for reading in bed.

How can you tell that I work in a second-hand book store?
Only those become weary of angling who bring nothing to it but the idea of catching fish.

He was born with the gift of laughter and a sense that the world is mad....

Rafael Sabatini
s.kundan
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

I am currently reading 'What Ho! : The Best Of Wodehouse', an anthology of stories, novel-extracts, working drafts, articles, letters and poems of the twentieth century's greatest humorist, P. G. Wodehouse.
Kundan
Stack your Rack
The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them. - Mark Twain
Kevin
Pulitzer Prize Finalist

Unread post

Don Quixote.

I have looked at what I consider to be a fine painting of the knight riding off to adventure with Sancho Panza (atop Rozinante and Dapple respectively) for many years now... the book stands at approx 70% read.
The question is not, Can they reason? nor, Can they talk? but, Can they suffer? - Jeremy Bentham
EndlessLaymon
Devoted Member

Unread post

The Woods Are Dark: restored and uncut by Richard Laymon.
It's a scary night in the lonesome October
Penelope

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
One more post ought to do it.

Unread post

The Girl who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson.
Only those become weary of angling who bring nothing to it but the idea of catching fish.

He was born with the gift of laughter and a sense that the world is mad....

Rafael Sabatini
charityjones89
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

I just started in on Jabberwocky by Daniel Coleman. I had planned on it being the second book I reviewed for my new blog but so far it's going very badly. The writing is just horrible, but I don't feel ok giving it a bad review until I've trudged through the entire thing. Woe is me :(
I just started a new blog. It's going to be mostly foodie stuff and book reviews with other geekitude thrown in. http://opinionatedgeekery.blogspot.com
Dee Johns
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

I am reading Guilty as Sin by Tami Hoag

Return to “What are you currently reading?”