• In total there are 41 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 41 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

Hey, Angela here!

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Ang85
Getting Comfortable

Hey, Angela here!

Unread post

Hi, my name is Angela and I'm from Illinois. I graduated from college with a degree in English and Secondary Education. I love to read and am looking forward to tackling my summer reading list! My tastes vary from the classics to the bestsellers list and everything in between, but I mostly read fiction, historical fiction and memoirs, however, I don't limit myself to those genres! I randomly found this website by browsing the internet for books to read and I'm glad I did! I have been known to judge a book by its cover, and once I find an author I like, I read everything I can find of theirs! Excited to talk about books with you all!!
joelgmt
Getting Comfortable

Re: Hey, Angela here!

Unread post

Hi Angela. I am Joel. Who are you reading now?
Ang85
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Hey Joel, just finished The Flying Troutmans by Miriam Toews. How about you?
joelgmt
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

I just finished Agatha Christie's The Mysterious Affair At Styles. I am currently reading A Feast For Crows by George R.R. Martin and Pride And Prejudice by Jane Austen.
Dee Johns
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Hello Angela and Joel

I have read a lot of Agatha Christie, she is one of my favorite Authors.
joelgmt
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Dee: I have been reading Agatha Christie since I was about 12 or 13 so over 30 years!!
Ang85
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

I've actually never read anything by Agatha Christie, but I love Jane Austen, Emma is one of my favorite books, I read it almost every year. Is there anything by Christie, that either of you would recommend?
joelgmt
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

I have never read Austen before starting Pride And Prejudice just this week. For me, Christie's best mysteries are those with Hercule Poirot. The Mysterious Affair At Styles is the first that she wrote with him as the main character (as well as Christie's first book ever.) It is not a series so you can read them out of order, though I suggest saving Curtain to last as it is Poirot's last case. And Then There Were None is another of hers that does not have Poirot but it is the classic 10 people on an island and they start dropping like flies, one of them has to be the killer but who is it? Its the classic British whodunnit.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

Welcome to BookTalk.org. :)

Return to “Everything Else”