• In total there are 65 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 64 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1000 on Sun Jun 30, 2024 12:23 am

New to BookTalk, obsessive reader, writer-in-training

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
BretAM5
Almost Comfortable

New to BookTalk, obsessive reader, writer-in-training

Unread post

Hi everyone,

My name is Bret, and I am a 22-year-old recent college graduate from (and still stuck in) Clinton, MA. I found BookTalk rather randomly while searching around Google, and so far I like what I see. I read a lot--even more so now that I'm mostly unemployed and searching to remedy that--and I've been looking for a place to discuss those books and stories with other people.

I also write regularly--mostly stories--and hope to someday get some of those published. For now, I've been posting a lot of my work on my blog, which I just set up as a sort of online notebook for my fiction and non-fiction writing (you can check it out at http://www.watchyoureyes.blogspot.com if you want, but it's okay if you don't; I still fully intend to take part in forum discussion).

Looking forward to posting and meeting more of you!
"As far as I'm concerned, the entire reason for becoming a writer is not having to get up in the morning." -Neil Gaiman

Check out my fiction blog/online notebook, Watch Your Eyes
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: New to BookTalk, obsessive reader, writer-in-training

Unread post

Welcome to BookTalk.org. :)

Feel free to share some of your writing here on BookTalk.org. We have the Author's Lounge and a Creative Writing forum.
tcbooth
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

I enjoyed reading "The Grandmother's Tale" on your blog. I wish you success in getting published.
BretAM5
Almost Comfortable

Unread post

Thanks, tcbooth!

I hope you keep reading, as I have many more parts of that story yet to post.
"As far as I'm concerned, the entire reason for becoming a writer is not having to get up in the morning." -Neil Gaiman

Check out my fiction blog/online notebook, Watch Your Eyes

Return to “Everything Else”